A Look at How to Be and Keep Yourself Looking Beautiful all the Time
The most beautiful women know how to embrace simple, timeless, style
Despite whether we like them or not, we can't help but gawk in awe and admiration of the most beautiful women's seemingly timeless beauty.
By most beautiful women I mean those that go beyond fad-beautiful, those that not only stand the test of time, but those whom just about all can agree are beautiful. Audrey Hepburn, Grace Kelly, Audrey Tautau, Maria Callas, Lauren Bacall to name a few.
It is their style we seek, over and over again, in fashion, makeup, attitude. We desire to be like them. When we achieve a slight resemblance, we are elated, confident, proud.
It is not their fame we are after, though who wouln't want a bit of it. I certainly wouldn't turn my back on a pleasant monetary lifestyle or dream opportunities knocking at my door.
What we are after is that magical something that they possess, that we see and adore but cannot necessarily place a finger on.
Despite what they wear, or don't wear, they are beautiful.
No matter where they are, they are beautiful.
And, it seems, the simpler they are, the more beautiful they are.
Why is this?
Certainly it's because their features are beautiful? Because they don't have to work hard or lift a finger? Because they are waited on hand and foot?
No. No. No.
And the fact of the matter is, if we knew how, if we could place our finger on that something, each and every one of us could be beautiful too. Always. Ready 24/7. We could keep ourselves beautiful all the time.
Yes, you heard me right.
All it takes is remembering a few simple rules, or pleasures, as I like to call them, and you'll never have to worry. You will possess what all these women have and relish in it. That certain je ne sais quoi found in the most beautiful women of the world.
"I'm in! What do I have to do!" you shout. I'm here to tell you.
Embracing the natural you
The first thing you have to do is realize that you are you, that no one else in this world is like you, and that this is a wonderful thing. It takes all shapes and sizes, and all looks, ethnicity, and personalities, to make this beautiful world, and you are one of those people.
Take a good look at yourself without any make-up, without dressing up for a special night out. Look at the natural you, with no embellishments. Smile at yourself. Brush your teeth. Brush your hair. What do you see? Spend a good ten minutes or so on this. Feel out what you really think of yourself. If there was no one else in this world? In other words, don't think of what you think someone else thinks of you.
Your answers will vary based on attitude and self perception. Do keep it positive. You're worth all your positive thoughts.
Pick out all the positive things you notice. Throw away all the negative things you THINK you notice. This is your starting point.
- True beauty tips and advice
- The most beautiful women - simple and timeless style
- Embracing the natural you
- A smile really can make you beautiful
- Every Woman's bare essentials
- The woman makes the clothes
- Inner beauty
- Children know what we've forgotten
- Photos of classic beauties
- Award Winning article
Relish the Bare essentials
Bare essentials are extremely important and worth the investment. In fact, you should be spending more (time-wise) on bare essentials than on the layers that cover you. What do I mean by bare essentials? I mean your general hygienic routine and how you go about it (not the fact that you do it; we all do it.)
I mean taking care of the bare you. Relishing it. Relaxing in it. Smile while you're doing it. Sing in the shower. I mean giving yourself the time of day because you're worth it. Every second of it.
Freshness is a priority. So pamper yourself. Take some YOU TIME and take care of you and the products you use. That's right. You time. This is the perfect time to relax and take care of you. Spend 20 minutes a day focusing on just you. You don't need a spa to enjoy its many pleasures.
Look at her smile. She's so beautiful!
You communicate via your mouth everyday. So by all means take care of it. This will speak wonders about your beauty.
- Replace your toothbrush so it does it's job and does it well.Pamper yourself with a new toothbrush every month. Go ahead. It's okay. You're already at the grocery or drugstore anyhow, so it's not like you're going out of your way. And because you're replacing your toothbrush as you should be, you can go with a cheaper brush. It will work just as well. Not to mention, people will notice the difference. And chances are you will be smiling more.
- Use your toothbrush. There is no point in having one if you don't use it. And use it properly. Spend time with it. Build a relationship with it. Build a strong friendship between your toothbrush and your mouth. Take care of each tooth, your gums, and your tongue. Odd as it seems to many, you should be spending a minimum of five minutes at each brushing. That's right. And believe me, it's well worth it.
Little known fact. Brushing your teeth properly helps tone your arms. Hm mm. Yet another good incentive. Multi-tasking at its finest.
Tone your Body Brushing Your Teeth
Use the bare minimum when it comes to makeup and hair products. Your skin and hair will thank you. Both will get a good chance to breathe. We are all well aware that breathing is important for life. Well, consider this: Your hair and skin are live parts of you, they thus need to breathe just as much as you do. If anything, you may want to use a good SPF moisturizer for you skin, to replenish and protect it. Putting makeup on top of that defeats the purpose. Despite the claims.
All it takes is a little bit of eyeliner, if you'd like, and you're good to go.
Your acne, if this is an issue for you, as it is for me, cannot heal if it is smothered in makeup. (Again, despite the claims.) Nor can it heal if it sits unprotected. So use a treatment and let that treatment work. Many do the job overnight, allowing your acne to dissolve while you get your beauty rest. My favorite here is Neutrogena products.
Chose your products wisely and do what you're supposed to with them.
You may think you look like a star in your many layers of makeup and clothes and perfumes, but go back and take a look at the photos at the beginning of this hub. Nothing fancy there. Yet those are perhaps the most beautiful photos of those ladies.
The woman makes the clothes.
I mentioned before that "you should be spending more on the bare essentials than on the layers that cover you". Well this is true not just monetarily, but time-wise as well. This is the part of you're always beautiful routine that should take the least thought and the least out of you. This is the part that you should require the least amount of thought. It's the dress 'n' go part.
Your clothes don't need to be fancy. Slide on a simple dress. Or a shirt and some pants or a skirt. A sweater. A simple scarf. Your favorite little pair of earrings. All take a moment to put on.
You will, of course, need to do some prep work so that you never have to worry about wasting your time when you could be looking beautiful. Here are some tips:
- If it doesn't fit you, take it out of your closet. Pronto! The only things that should be hanging there in front of you to chose from should be things that fit, not maybes or "some day"s.
- Don't worry if you don't have much to chose from. Actually less is more in this situation. You probably only need five outfits for everyday use and two for special occasion. It is overkill to wear something completely different every day of the month. (Not to mention more laundry to be done, probably by you. Are you really wanting to do more laundry than you have to?)
- Chose quality over quantity wherever you can. You'll spend less time figuring out what to wear and more time looking beautiful in what you're wearing. Ask yourself, is this simple enough? Is this flattering enough? Does this REALLY fit or do I wish it did or does it sort of fit. Go shopping with a friend whose opinion you trust. If they're a true friend, they'll let you know whether you look hot or not.
- Watch your colors! If it doesn't suit you, it does nothing. Let it wait for someone else. You've got plenty of colors to chose from. Find the ones that work best on you and they'll work best for you.
- Mix and matches are best, and so are simple dresses.
- If you have a top you love, but nothing to go with it, don't hang it in your closet. It's the same as if you had something there that didn't fit you, causing unnecessary anxiety and wasted thoughts. Instead, keep it in a pretty bag by the door that you can grab on your way out, in case the moment arises that you might be doing a bit of shopping. Most places will let you take your own stuff in with you to find a match. (Especially in this economy, you're more likely to find better leniency, even in snooty boutiques.)
Important: Comfort and beauty go hand in hand. You may be surprise to find that something that looks great on you can also be comfortable. In fact, if your outfit does not offer you both, it's time to donate it. Comfort is extremely important. If you're comfortable, you'll be more relaxed. If you're more relaxed, your beautiful natural self will shine. But that comfort needs to be balanced with beautiful style. Out of the billions and billions of pieces of clothes out there in this world, why should you settle for anything less? Think about it. They all want you to wear them, to make them look fabulous... So which will you chose? Remember those dream opportunities I wouldn't mind? Voila. Here's one. Just for you.
The Inner You
This is where YOU happens. You are now ready to show the world you feel beautiful, and they'll follow along. What's inside comes out easier than you think. Unfortunately, that inner you cannot come out if you're obsessed with covering it up.
Let your natural beauty show and your love for yourself will show. You'll proclaim a look of confidence, despite what you may be feeling at the moment.
Once you've done this, you'll find that you have a lot more time to do the things that matter. You'll notice things you haven't noticed in a very long time. You'll get involved in things you always wanted to do but "never had the time".
Appreciate all that nature gave you. Yes your bumps, your curves, your lines, your smile, your "breath taking" skin and hair. Keep it simple and you're ready to face the world, always. You'll always be ready, you'll always be beautiful.
Even Marilyn Monroe looks better at her most natural. Take a look. You decide.
Children Always Seem to Know
Children always seem to know what teenagers and adults seem to forget.
- There is more to life than having to worry about your looks.
- Playing with a box and a wrapping paper tube, is funner than wearing itchy tights.
- Hair dryers are hot.
- Making faces in the mirror is fun and makes you feel good inside.
- New toothbrushes are way cool.
- The lady with the happy eyes that smiles and winks is pretty.
LINK TO IT - related links you don't want to miss...
- Be Who You Are
A beautiful and inspiring poem on being you. To me, it is like the mix of waves and breathing, a meditation tape and yoga poses. A must read, and a must read out loud. -F.B.
- 15 reasons why YOU are AWESOME(!)
(In order to get the full effect of this hub, I must request that as you read it, you imagine that Jack Black is actually saying the words. Seriously. Do it.) I know what you're thinking, and no, this isn't...
- Free (parking) Validation for Life
"Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around" - Leo F....
- Purposely Purseless and Proud
A fabulous hub about why we women really don't need purses, why we wear them, why men don't, what our options are when it comes to purses, and a bit of purse history as well.
- At-Home Beauty & Spa Treatment Recipes
Holistic health and natural personal care products are not just a fad; they are here to stay. And here's why: they provide more nutrients to your skin and hair, without the negative side effects of chemical fillers.
- Curvy Is Sexy
I am saying it for the world to hear, curvy is sexy. Back in my early twenties I believed I had to be hundred pounds to be attractive, but that is just not true. Take a closer look at many larger women...
- The Secret of my Manifestations, Get Happy to Be Happy
No one can make you feel guilty, make you angry, or make you cry. Only you can make yourself feel anything, so if its bad, stop! Let it roll off you, like water off a duck's back. Say to yourself, "That is their reality not mine."
- Natural Women Are The Most Beautiful Women
Women like to feel beautiful. The women's beauty industry is a mega billion dollar juggernaut that blankets the modern world as we know it. Still, there is more to beauty than cosmetics, clothes,...
- Top 5 Green & Organic Beauty Products - All Paraben Free
Information on cosmetics and common chemicals like parabens and phthalates and their link to breast cancer. Also includes a list of top paraben and preservative free skin care and beauty products.
- A Smile The Most Inexpensive Beauty Secret
A smile could be described as a facial expression made by flexing muscles most notably near both ends of your mouth, but a genuine smile makes its appearance on the entire face. Be a part of the Smile Challenge... and change the world one person at a
- How to keep yourself beautiful all the time
How many times have you heard such phrases like, "The beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder." or "The true beauty is inside your heart".. Lets not contradict the wise words, however I do feel that certain...
- Grace Magazine
Fabulous blog publication dedicated to women. You'll find all kinds of tasty tidbits about lifestyle, beauty, fashion, etc. The About page is a recommended read.
- Click here for The Little Extras - From 'I Do' to 'I'll Sue'
Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall photo found here.
This hub is smiling! Why? It's a winner! Click to find out more.
- Hubber Poll: Grade A Prime HubNuggets - Feb. 27th
Another juicy batch of yummy HubNuggets await you! Yes, sir - these HubNugget Wannabe's are Grade A Prime! Come and get yours now. Then vote for your favorite.
© 2009 Frieda Babbley