How to maintain a nice and healthy hair
Most women care for their hair because it has said to be their crowning glory or (in some women, their man want their hair to be nice and preferred it to be longer), but whatever the reasons are, it is advisable to care for your hair because the quality of our hair is a reflection of your overall health.
In our society, having a nice hair is a sign of healthy living. If you are not well and sickly, your hair shows symptoms of it. Some women wouldn’t like to have a shorter hair because the longer your hair, the more you can style it in various ways. You feel more beautiful and have more self confidence.
During younger years, long hair is preferred than short hair. Usually as women become older, they cut their hair short, because it will reach a point where it starts to grow minimally and besides, taking care of hair takes longer time according to them. For some women, the more busier they are the more they prefer shorter hair. As older as we get also, we prefer a shorter hair because it makes us look younger. For busier women they also prefer shorter hair because they simply don’t have time to take care of a longer hair.
For most women who have long hair, they thought that maintaining is a huge task depending on how busy they are, but after reading this article you will realize that it is not a huge task at all, you just need to take care of your hair regularly and it doesn’t need so much time.
I have been blessed with a long and thick hair ever since I was young. I am nearly my four decades now and I am still wearing long hair. I will share you some secrets on how to maintain it whether you prefer it short, curly, long and straight, it is better to know how to take care of it.
Tips for a nice hair
- There is nothing to replace a good and healthy diet if you want your hair to become healthy. A sign of a healthy hair is shiny and no splitting ends. For a healthier hair, always eat well balanced diet preferably, proteins, fruits and vegetables, and calcium lus minimal carbohydrates.
- In order for your hair to be manageable you should choose a comb with big teeth (wide space) on it, specially if you have curly hair, or wavy hair. It is also good for straight long hair. This is to avoid slitting ends and tangles in your hair. Don’t rush when you brush your hair, take your time to avoid entangling it.
- Choose shampoo which don’t have strong ingredients. Don’t shampoo your hair everyday, three times a week is advisable. Even so, choose a good conditioner. There are some alternatives for shampoos like the natural organic hair wash. If you choose to use shampoo, don’t buy Shampoos with Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or Laureth Sulfate). I prefer to use Pantene shampoo and conditioner for my hair. It makes it smoother and tangle free.
- Shampoo with minimal amount.
- Hair should be treated with hot oil once a month. If you can buy coconut, then you can do it on your own, it is natural and soothes your hair and head too. Some hot oil products are available in the market.
- If your hair is starting to thin, buy shampoo which replaces hair loss. I use aloe vera shampoo. It makes my hair thicker and replenishes lost hair.
- Try to avoid changing the color of you hair frequently, it damages hair and it makes it dull. Always remember, natural is good.
- After taking a shower, try to pat your hair gently to dry. If you can and you are not rushing, try to avoid blow dryer. pores are open and you can have headache too.
- Sooth and massage scalp so that you can also feel if there are some flakes and dandruff are starting to show also.
- Try to avoid coffee and smoking because their ingredient make your hair dull and cause split ends.
- Try to get the right amount of sleep, it has been found out that lack of sleep is a cause of unhealthy hair.
- The hair is the extension of your personality, avoid being stressed too much, because it shows in your hair. In short try to have a healthy and positive aura, because it really shows in your hair.