How To Prevent Pimples Naturally With Easy Hygiene Tips
Most people dread getting pimples and for good reason. They are regarded as extremely unattractive and their psychological effect can far outweigh what is warranted as a medical condition. Severe cases of acne can be a common source of great anxiety and depression.
With that said, pimples are completely normal, especially for teenagers. It is not something to be too much worried about and most people will never require any special medical help.
Still, the overwhelming preference is to avoid getting pimples in the first place. Nobody wants to deal with them no matter how normal they may be. There are many commercially available products on the market that can help you deal with pimples very effectively.
However, some people may not be able to afford these products, especially on a regular basis. Many teenagers do not have lots of money and even adults may need to cut back on expenses during tough economic times. If you fall into any of these categories, there is a possible alternative treatment that you can try for yourself.
What causes pimples?
Pimples are caused when pores in your skin get clogged. Your skin normally excretes an oily substance through these pores. When these pores become clogged, dead skin combines with the oil to form a solid substance. The opening in your pores closes completely and everything behind slowly starts building up. The oil needs a way out when there isn't any. The skin becomes irritated and turns reddish in color. Bacteria will eventually cause the puss that you see with pimples.
How to prevent pimples?
Knowing what causes pimples, the key becomes making sure that pores do not get clogged and get them unclogged as soon as possible if they do. The following tips to get rid of pimples can be used.
- All you need is a small towel, enough water and something to cook the water.
- Begin by cooking the water until it begins to steam. The water should not be boiling to avoid burning yourself. You should be able to touch the water with your hands. Lower the temperature if it is too hot for you. Experiment a bit to determine your level of comfort. The water has to be hot enough to have the desired effect.
- Pour the hot water over the towel and cover your face with it. Be sure to press the wet towel firmly against your skin with both your hands. The heat will cause your pores to widen temporarily. The pressure that has been building behind the stuck pores will force them to become unclogged.
- After 2 or 3 seconds, stimulate the cleaning process by massaging your face. Start making circular motions with your hands and the towel still pressed against your face.
- Optionally, you may press part of your skin between your thumb and index finger to forcibly remove any solid matter out of your pores. Be sure to have performed the prior steps a few times before you start doing this. To check which part of your skin, use a mirror to examine your skin closely. Look for black or white spots on your skin.
- Repeat steps 3 to 5 several times, depending on how oily your skin is.
- To check how oily your skin is, rub your finger against the side of your nose. If your finger has a shiny look, it means there is a lot of oil. Some people excrete more oil than do other people. During puberty, the hormones of teenagers are temporarily out of whack and oil production is increased.
- This procedure should be done with regular interval. At least once a day, preferably in the evening. You may find a lot of solid substances out of your pores when you wake up the next morning.
- Do not worry if you fail to clean your face a few times. Pimples need a certain amount of time to form. Even when your skin has become reddish, pimples can still be avoided. As long as you get your pores unclogged in time, you are in good shape.
Like many others before me, I had my own share of battles with pimples when I was a teenager. The home remedy for pimples mentioned above has been very effective for me. It is completely natural and there are no chemicals, which may cause an allergic reaction. It is cheap, doesn't take long and is available to everyone. Try the above method and see the results for yourself.