- Fashion and Beauty»
- Fashion Accessories
How to tie and wear a square silk scarf - 20 easy and stylish ways.
How to tie and wear a square silk scarf
Square silk scarves are classic, chic and ladylike. They can look beautiful and stylish if you know how to wear them. According to scarf manufacturers Hermes, there are over 100 ways to wear square silk scarves. For example, you can wear them around your head to keep your hair in place, through belt loops on jeans and trousers to give a colourful belt look, tied around the neck for warmth and also tying them around the handles of your handbag to add a splash of colour.
In this article, using clips from You Tube, I will show you around twenty different ways to tie and wear a square silk scarf, including a very creative clip from Hermes. I hope you find these stylish tips useful.
Three tying tips.
All of these ways are quite formal and ladylike.
The first tip shows how to use the scarf as a headscarf, which is very chic.
The other two ways are idea to use over a jacket of top.
Two ways to wear a scarf with a work suit
These tequniques are quite formal and ideal to wear with your suit to work.
The first way shows you how to use a scarf to fill in the empty v-neck area when wearing a jacket.
The second way shows a pretty way to fold the scarf and wear over the top of the jacket.
How to make a rosette with a scarf
This tecnique is really simple and the result is very pretty.
You could wear this style with your suit to work, but I think it is a little bit fussy.
Instead, I think it is a great style to wear either to a summer garden party if the scarf was a floral print, or if changed to an evening fabric, would look great when worn to a party.
A cool, casual way to wear the scarf
The way that this scarf has been tied is a little bit more casual and would look great when worn with a shirt or sweater with jeans and boots.
The Bow Tie
This is a clip made by Liberty of London.
It shows how a scarf can be tied into a bow tie effect.
Very effective if worn with a Jacket or evening tuxedo.
A simple way to wear a scarf
This is one of my favourites, it is very simple to do and looks really chic. It is ideal to wear with both work and casual wear and would definately keep your neck warm
You can wear the ends hanging out as shown or you could tuck them away to make it look neater.
How to tie a scarf in a butterfly wrap
This is a very simple and pretty way to wear a scarf.
It looks lovely when worn over a party dress as shown in the clip.
It would also look nice worn casually such as over a poloneck or v-neck jumper.
Now for something really creative!
In this clip, Hermes show 7 ways to wear a square silk scarf.
It is really amazing.
They show how you can make a halterneck top from one scarf, an idea suitable for both day and eveningwear and also how to create a top using two scarves together.
More scarf tying tips and ideas:
If you have enjoyed reading this article and found it useful, you may enjoy these too:
French Style - French women are famous for their French style. These articles share their secrets with you:
- How French women create a chic and minimalist wardrobe
- French wardrobe basics - Learn what items are essential in a French wardrobe
- How to dress French - Learn how French women dress.
How to be Chic - Many women wish to be chic and stylish. These articles show you how to look chic and live a chic lifestyle for all budgets.
- How to be Chic - 10 easy ways to be more chic today
- How to be Chic Blog - covers all aspects of a chic life, style, home, health, money etc.
Updating your wardrobe
- How to update your wardrobe for Spring / Summer 2013 - Learn about - the NEW trend colour for S/S 2013. How to INSTANTLY look uptodate for $1.00! The six essential items to own and the KEY accessory.
- How to update your wardrobe - Easy ways to update your wardrobe
Minimalist Wardrobes - Many women wish to declutter their wardrobes and create a small and stylish collection of clothes that perfectly meets their needs. Learn how you can too.
- Minimalist Closet - How to create a minimalist closet
- Minimalist wardrobe for women (part 1)
- Minimalist wardrobe for women (part 2)
- Minimalist wardrobe essentials
- Minimalist Wardrobe for Men
- The Minimalist Shoe wardrobe - the only shoes a woman needs
Good Grooming - Good grooming is an essential part of looking well presented. It doesn't take long or need to cost much. Learn how you can easily be well groomed at all times here:
I also have several blogs which you may like to visit:
Chic and Minimalist Wardrobe Blog
WOULD YOU LIKE TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE?
Join me and thousands of people from all around the world and write articles (Hubs) with Hubpages - an American company. I live in England and joined three years ago and so far have 50 articles (Hubs), all written in my spare time. They earn me passive income every month. Some Hubbers have hundreds, even thousands of articles.
How does it work?
Hubpages provides the facility for you to write and publish articles online. They put adverts on the page which earn you money every month. Once you have written an article, you just leave it and it has the potential to earn you passive income every month for years.
What can I write about?
- Creative writing - such as short stories and poetry
- Product reviews
- Any subject you like. Examples include travel, hobbies, money, relationships, child-care, history, art, politics, fashion, technology etc
How much can I earn?
Hubpages puts adverts on our articles and we earn money every time someone reads the article - between US$3 to $8 per 1000 views. My average hubs are viewed/ read by about 30 people a day, my most popular hubs are read by 100 people a day. If you do the maths, you will see that a popular Hub, read 100 times a days, earns between US$110 to US$290 a year, and will continue to do so every year. Last year my hubs generated enough passive income to pay for my summer holiday and are on track to do the same again this year and every year.
How long does it take to write an article / Hub?
Some articles take me a couple of hours to write, others may take up to 5 hours to write. On average, I write one article a week. Many Hubpage members write more, some write less.
How much will it cost me?
- Nothing. Hubpages is FREE to join. You share your earnings with them. You keep 60%, they keep 40%. They want you to earn and make it easy for you.
It sounds too good to be true, where's the catch?
The catch is that you need to write good quality articles on subjects that enough people want to read about and make them easy to find on the internet.
How do I do this?
It is really easy when you know how. When you think about a topic you may want to write about, do the following:
- Think about some key phrases related to the subject.
- As an example, say you want to write a chicken curry recipe hub. Some connected phrases may be "How to cook a chicken curry", "Chicken Curry Recipe", "Recipe for Chicken Curry", "Easy Chicken Curry Recipe", "Hot Chicken Curry Recipe" - you get the idea..........
- Use the online "Adsense Keyword Tool". It is provided by Google and is free to use.
- To find it, simply type in Adsense Keyword Tool into search.
- Type in all of your phrases. The keyword tool will then tell you how many people a month are typing in these phrases.
- Look for a phrase that is searched for at least 3000 times a month.
- As an example, say you notice that 3000 people a month search for "How to cook a chicken curry" compared to only 500 who search for "Hot Chicken Curry Recipe".
- You call your article the most searched for phrase - "How to cook a chicken curry"
- Include this phrase into both the title and the content of your hub.
- Your article now stands a good chance of appearing on the first page of the Search Engines search results page, being clicked on and read.
What you are doing is finding out exactly what people want, the exact phrases they are typing into the search engines to find it, and writing articles that give them what they are looking for. You make it easy for them to find your article by using their search phrase in your title and content.
Give people what they are looking for and you will make money.
How else can I earn with Hubpages?
- Sell E-Bay and Amazon Products on your Hubs and earn commission.
- Encourage a friend to join Hubpages and receive 10% of their earnings
Once you have written an article, you just leave it and it will earn you money every day for years. That is passive income.
If I can do it, so can you.
Follow these six easy steps to join hubpages and start earning:
I recommend writing them down so you know what to do.
- Join Hubpages, the link is below, then.....
- Activate the Hubpages Earnings Programme to allow adverts to be shown on your account.
- Set up a PayPal Account. Hubpages pay your earnings into this account. If you already have one, this can can be used.
- Think of a subject for your first "Hub .
- Search for and use Adsense Keyword Tool (It is a free to use tool.) Type in a few key phrases related to the topic of your hub. Look for a phrase that is searched for at least 3000 times a month and include this phrase in the title and content of your hub.
- Write and publish your first "Hub".
Remember, it is FREE to join, so you have nothing to lose. If thousands of other people around the world can make a passive income online with Hubpages, so can you.
To join Hubpages and start making money Click Here . Good Luck