Top ways to treat dandruff. Prevention tips for immediate results.
Regular care does the trick.
Hair is the crowning glory everyone longs for, but not all are blessed with lustrous tresses. In fact most of you have various hair related problems, the worst one being dandruff. It makes your scalp flaky and your hair seems to come out of its roots.
What are the main reasons for hair fall?
- Diet ( lack of zinc)
- Straightening, coloring and perming.
- Unclean and dirty hair
What are the reasons for dandruff?
- Hormonal imbalance
- Dry scalp
- Harsh shampoos which dries your hair like straw.
How to handle dandruff
- Always keep your hair clean
- Use mild shampoos
- Do not stay in the sun for too long
- Eat healthy food
Dandruff is an irritating problem which is common among youngsters. The hectic lifestyle of today’s modern world makes you stressed and tensed. Dermatologists always point out stress level, hormonal imbalance, dirt and oiliness in your hair as the main reasons for dandruff.
Though stress is not the direct cause for dandruff, it might be a contributing factor. Studies have found out that patients suffering from depression and anxiety had flaky and itchy scalp. Harsh shampoos can also dry your hair in the worst possible way.
When you are too fashion conscious you tend to follow the latest trends. You straighten, iron, blow dry and perm your hair without thinking of the hair damage you are causing.
When you use blow dryer often, the natural oils in your hair is lost and your hair becomes brittle and your scalp turns dry paving way for dandruff. You should also clean your hair at least twice week as dandruff thrives on oily and dirty hair.
You can use the over counter dandruff shampoos available. If your dandruff is severe it is always better to see a dermatologist as they prescribe medicated shampoos which have immediate results than the routine dandruff shampoos.
Home treatments for dandruff
- Lemon is very good for dandruff. Take the juice of two lemons. Apply it in your hair using your finger tips.
- Fenugreek is excellent for your hair. It gives your hair shine and makes it very soft and pliable. It is good for dandruff also. Soak two teaspoons of fenugreek overnight and grind it to a fine paste. Add curd to it and mix well. Apply throughout your hair and rinse it thoroughly. Rinsing fenugreek off your hair can be tedious as it has the tendency to stick to your hair.
- Do you know that aspirin is a good treatment to dandruff? Take two aspirins, crush it and add it your normal shampoo. Leave the shampoo for two minutes before washing your hair.
- Apple cedar vinegar is also effective in controlling dandruff. Take one part of vinegar and add one part of water and apply it to your hair after washing it. Leave it for five to ten minutes and thoroughly wash your hair.
Will dandruff come again after treatment?
Good question! Once you have dandruff, you should keep maintaining your hair regularly. Keep you hair dirt free and clean. During the initial days of treating dandruff, use medicated shampoos at least thrice a week till it completely goes away. But maintaining your hair is a continuous process, as once you are prone to dandruff, you will always be prone to it.
Do not use blow dryer unless it is very necessary and when using it you should avoid using the warm mode. Always use the cool mode as it will not completely dry your hair and make it lose all its natural shine and gloss.
- Always use clean towels.
- Clean the combs you use.
- Do not use combs used by others.
- Do not keep changing shampoos.
- Do not bathe in very hot water
- Always use mild shampoos
Dandruff can make your highly anxious when you see heavy hair fall. Instead of worrying, treat your hair gently. Do not copy film stars and models and ruin your hair to make it look like them. It is always better to have a healthy hair than a stylish and trendy hairstyle which indirectly damages your hair.
© 2013 mathira