- Fashion and Beauty»
- Dental Hygiene & Cosmetic Dentistry
How to Whiten Your Teeth Naturally at Home
Whitening Your Teeth
Trying to whiten your teeth can be a hassle. Getting your teeth whitened professionally can be expensive and sometimes damaging to your teeth. The whitening kits at the stores can be expensive as well and you never know which ones really work. The problem with most whitening techniques is that they can cause damage to the enamel making your teeth weak and sensitive. Luckily there are lots of ways you can whiten your teeth naturally at home. These methods are inexpensive and are safe to use. Another thing that is great about these methods is that they don't take much time and you can use them more often than professional whitening kits.
Strawberries have natural whitening qualities. They contain malic acid which is great for removing stains. There are a few different ways you can use strawberries to whiten your teeth a few of them are listed below.
- Take one strawberry
- Cut the strawberry in half
- Rub one half of the strawberry across your teeth
- Leave on for 5 to 10 minutes
- Brush your teeth with toothpaste as usual
This is the perfect thing to do to whiten your teeth and you are short on time or money. This is something you can use once or twice a week depending on your preference.
Strawberries and Baking Soda
- Mash up one or two strawberries
- Use the strawberry juice to brush your teeth
- Wait five minutes
- Mix a tablespoon of baking soda with water to get a toothpaste like consistency
- Brush your teeth with the baking soda mixture
- Rinse the your mouth with warm water
- Brush teeth with tooth paste as usual
This method takes more time but is very effective. The combination of the strawberries and baking soda works wonders when it comes to whitening your teeth. Mixing the two ingredients however does not get the same results. The best results are from using one then the other.
Using Walnut Tree Bark
This bark removes stains visibly when used. It is not the best tasting remedy but the results are worth is. Walnut tree bark can be found on walnut trees and some health food stores but be easily found online. How to use the walnut tree bark is listed below.
Walnut bark rub
- Take a small piece of bark
- Gently rub the bark on your teeth
- Avoid rubbing your gums or rubbing to roughly
- Brush your teeth as usual after 5 to 10 minutes
Using Orange Peels and Bay Leaves
Orange peels and bay leaves together make a great at home teeth whitener. They are inexpensive and may already be in your kitchen. This only takes minutes. How to use this method is listed below.
Orange peel and bay leaf rub
- Peel an orange
- Take a few pieces of the peel
- Rub the peel on your teeth
- Crush up bay leaves until they are a powder
- Rub the bay leaf powder onto your teeth
- Leave on for 5 minutes
- Rinse out your mouth with water
This method is best used once a week. The acidity of the orange peel eats away bacteria and gets rid of stains. The bay leaves soak up the stains and discoloration.
Banana peels are a great for whitening your teeth. They don't cause much damage and are inexpensive. This method is quick and easy taking only five minutes to use. How to use banana peels to whiten your teeth is listed below.
Banana peel rub
- Peel a banana
- Take a section of the peel and rub onto your teeth
- Rub for two to three minutes
- Then rinse your mouth with warm water
This method can be used once or twice a week.
Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar can be used for many things. One of those things is whitening your teeth. It may not taste that wonderful but it works really well at removing stains. How to use apple cider vinegar to whiten your teeth is listed below.
Apple cider vinegar mouth rinse
- Pour a small glass of the vinegar
- Take a gulp without swallowing
- Swish it around in your mouth like mouth wash
- Spit out when you are done
- Rinse your mouth out with warm water
This is best done once a week. The taste can be hard to handle but the results are worth it.
Apple cider vinegar and baking soda
- In a small bowl mix the vinegar with the baking soda into a mixture that is the consistency of tooth paste
- Apply the paste to your teeth
- Leave on for 5 to 10 minutes
- Rinse mouth out with warm water
- Then brush teeth regularly
Using Baking Soda
Baking soda is another all natural product that can be used to whiten your teeth. The baking soda is able to be absorbed through the enamel and kills plaque and lightens stains. How to use baking soda in tooth whitening listed below.
Using baking soda as a toothpaste
- Mix a spoon full of baking soda with a little water
- The consistency should be that of tooth paste
- Then brush your teeth with the mixture
- Try not to swallow any
- Leave the mixture on your teeth for 10 minutes
- Then rinse your mouth with warm water
- Wait another 5 minutes and then brush your teeth with tooth paste ass usual
Mixing baking soda with toothpaste
- Mix a small amount of toothpaste with some baking soda
- Brush your teeth as usual
- Rinse your mouth with warm water
Both of these methods are effective and have been used for a long time. The first method takes longer but has better results and should only used once a week at the most. The second method can be used a couple of times a week and takes less time.
Once your teeth are sparkly white you probably want to keep them that way. Using the all natural whitening methods regularly will help to do this but there are some things you can avoid or cut back on to prevent stains altogether.Some of the common culprits of stains are listed below.
- Dark tea
- Dark sodas and soft drinks
- Dark liquors
- Drug abuse
- Tomato sauce
- Citrus fruits
- Chewing tobacco
- Some prescribed medications
- Acid reflux disease
The best way to keep your teeth beautiful and healthy is to brush and floss regularly. This helps prevents stains by removing plaque quickly.
Some More of My Work
- All about water
Water is all around us, inside us, all over the world and is even found on other planets. All living things are partially made of water. All living things need water to stay alive. The worlds surface is 75% water. It has many natural healing...
- Lemon and honey face mask
This is an awesome face mask. It is quick and easy. It consists of all natural ingredients. The cost is under ten dollars and results are great. This face mask reduces skin damage and blemishes.
- Tips on fixing damaged hair
Damaged hair can be tough to work with. These tips will get your hair back to being healthy, shiny and beautiful without having to take a trip to the salon. These tricks are easy, inexpensive and can be done at home with natural products.
- How to lighten your hair naturally at home
Tips to naturally lighten your hair at home. These tips use natural ingredients, are inexpensive and will not cause much damage to your hair. These methods are fast and easy to use.
Some related pages
- Tooth Care
Toothache And Tooth Care : Flossing along with brushing your teeth, you should additionally be flossing on a regular basis. Flossing will remove plaque and waste in areas that your toothbrush isn't able to...
- How to Recover Quickly from Having Your Wisdom Teeth...
Having your wisdom teeth taken out, how to prepare for it, what the operation is like and tips on how to recover quickly from the operation.
- What's the best way to replace a missing tooth or the...
OK, so you've lost a tooth. Whether it was lost due to gum disease, severe decay, or trauma, you're still stuck with the same problem...a missing tooth. Your dentist may have spent a couple of minutes explaining your options and now a staff member...
- What Can I Do about My Bad Teeth?
This article provides the author's advice about virtually all aspects of dental care, including checkups, filings and major restoration such as root canals, crowns and implants. Also included is some advice about how one can save money on dentistry.