- Fashion and Beauty»
- Makeup & Cosmetics
How to Apply Eyeliner - Step-by-Step Guide
Eyeliners make your eye curve more dramatic and bring out the best from your eyes. Their well-defined lines make eye lashes look fuller. Applying eyeliner yourself is advantageous in that you will save money, and you get to decide the exact look you want. Some of the most popular eyeliners in the market today are liquid eyeliners and pencil eyeliners. It is important that you learn how to apply liquid eyeliner and how to apply pencil eyeliner because doing it wrong will leave you looking like a clown.
How to Apply Liquid Eyeliner
Liquid Eyeliner: Step-by-Step Guide
- If you are wondering how to apply liquid eyeliner yourself, the first step is positioning yourself in front of your mirror. Ensure that your elbow is stable to reduce the chances of jitters.
- Following in how to apply liquid eyeliner yourself is priming the eyelids using cream eye shadow or professional primers so that the liquid eyeliner can stick and then dust powder (translucent) on top of this. If you so wish, you may apply eye shadow after this.
- Subsequently in how to apply liquid eyeliner is pulling the eyelids tout at their outer corners using the other hand and drawing lines (or small dashes) that run right across and that are close to the eyelashes. At the end of the lines, extend the lines and make little wings to open up your eyes.
- Afterwards in how to apply liquid eyeliner is thickening the line using strokes towards the eyelashes. Fix the mistakes that you may have made using a cotton swab and a makeup remover. Wait for the eyeliner to dry and if you had applied eye shadow, blend it in.
- Next, apply 2 to 3 coats of mascara.
How to Apply Liquid Eyeliner: Tutorial
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner
Pencil Eyeliner: Step-by-Step Guide
- If you are wondering how to apply pencil eyeliner yourself, the first step is positioning the elbow of the hand that will be doing the application. Next, prime the eyelids using professional primers or cream eye shadow and put on the eye shadow if you want any.
- The succeeding step in how to apply pencil eyeliner yourself is lining the eyes just above the upper eyelashes. This should be done using waterproof pencils. The lines should extend a little outside the eyelids so that the eyelashes get a fuller and a denser look. Using a cotton swab and a makeup remover softens the lines until you get the desired effect.
- The next step in how to apply pencil eyeliner yourself is thickening the line from the outer corners working inwards. You should use short strokes for this and you should ensure that the outer corners are thicker than the inner corners.
- Thereafter in how to apply pencil eyeliners is creating smudges, but only if you want a thick, soft look. Eye pencils have 'smudge tips' opposite the drawing tip. Next, apply the mascara.
If you want to be perfect how to apply liquid eyeliner and how to apply pencil eyeliner, practice as many times as possible. Always keep the other eye open so that you see what you are doing. Consider consulting a beautician for tips on how to do it right. There are many magazines and online resources that can give you valuable tips on how to apply liquid eyeliner and how to apply pencil eyeliner as well as color selection.