Icepick Scars Treatment- TCA cross Procedure
- 100% TCA(Trichloroacetic acid)
- Plain Gentle cleanser ( NO medicinal ingredients such as salicylic or benzoic acid) e.g. cetaphil gentle cleanser
- Medical grade Alcohol
- Cotton pads
- Antibacterial ointment e.g. Neosporin
- Moisturizer e.g. cetaphil moisturizer
- Sunscreen-SPF 50
- Wash face with warm water and gentle cleanser.
- Use the cotton pads to wipe the face with alcohol, and wait till dry.
- Dip a toothpick in TCA and dab directly onto the depressed part of the scar, avoiding the healthy surrounding tissue (DO NOT pierce the scar).
- With each dab, wait 2-3 seconds and Observe keenly. When the scar starts to frost and turn white, move to the next scar.
- Once finished, apply the antibacterial ointment only.
- Use ointment for 2 days and then use moisturizer. Do not use the Antibiotic ointment for more than than 2 days or the recommended period of time (use as directed on the label)
- Scabs often form in 2-3 days, and may make the scars appear deeper or worse. Do not pick or peel off the scabs prematurely.
- Gently wash the face, at least once a day, careful not to disturbs the scabs.
- Moisturize accordingly and avoid direct exposure to sunlight. Use sunscreen.
- Scabs will start to fall off after the third day.
- Scars will fill in 8 to 12 weeks as new tissue forms.
- Repeat the procedure if necessary.
High concentrations of TCA can cause serious burns, hyperpigmentation and scarring. Use with caution or have the procedure performed by a qualified or certified person.