Lipstick Types: How To Tell The Difference
Not sure what everyone’s talking about when they bring up the words matte, satin, and sheer? We’ve got you covered. Here’s a brief description of each type of lipstick.
- Lip gloss - This is slightly different from lipstick, but still falls into the same category. Its shine and subtle color make it a favorite among those who want to enhance the depth factor of their lips. It can also be layered on top of lipstick for a unique look.
- Cream lipstick - It’s just like it sounds. Cream lipstick has a smooth formula that glides onto lips easily. It usually has a great color payoff as well.
- Matte lipstick - Matte lipstick provides intense color without any shine. Although it can be drying and difficult to apply, a perfect matte lip pulls a look together. It also tends to be long-lasting, so you don’t have to reapply it throughout the day.
- Liquid matte lipstick - This product is applied as a liquid and then dries down to a hydrating matte finish. It’s long-lasting and has great color payoff.
- Pearl/frosted lipstick - Popular in the ‘90s, pearl or frosted lipstick reflects light and gives off a sparkling, glistening look.
- Lip stain - Lip stains often come in vivid, long-lasting colors. They’re gel-like and dry quickly, and they literally do stain your lips--at least, until you use some makeup remover.
- Sheer lipstick - This is a great choice for low-maintenance makeup wearers. These lipsticks provide a bit of color while also adding a little shine and a lot of moisture.
Now that you’ve learned a little more about each type of lipstick, you’ll be able to decide which is the best for you or for your next big social event!