Look and Feel Great With At Home Spa Treatments
Enjoy The Benefits of Spa Treatments Right At Home
Spa treatments make us feel and look amazing! Who doesn’t want a burst of energy and soft skin that glows?
Unfortunately, those perks usually come with a pretty hefty price tag. Well not anymore.
What would you say to glowing skin, soft and manageable hair and a detoxifying bath that relaxes you like no other?
You can have it all and it’s available whenever you choose.
There are many inexpensive classic spa treatments we can do right at home. Feeling good and looking great is no longer reserved just for the people who have unlimited time and resources.
Pamper yourself without right at home whenever it’s convenient for you and without the financial guilt.
The Best Body Exfoliator
- 1 cup Kosher Salt or any coarse salt
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1-2 drops of your favorite scented oil (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together in a plastic or glass container with a lid.
- Apply the mixture to moist skin in a gentle circular motion. Rinse with warm water. It’s that simple.
You will immediately notice that the dead skin cells have been removed by the salt and you are left with soft, refreshed skin thanks to the olive oil. Using this once or twice per week will help your skin stay soft and glowing while keeping callused skin away.
Using it in the shower works best and the natural ingredients won’t clog your drain.
Anti-Cellulite Body Scrub
- 1/2 cup coffee grounds
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Mix all of the ingredients in a plastic or glass container with a lid.
- Gently massage the skin on your body with the mixture, rinse with warm water
The caffeine in this mixture will reduce the appearance of cellulite, he sugar is a wonderful exfoliator that will remove dead skin cells to reveal glowing skin and the olive oil moisturizes the area to make the skin soft and subtle.
Both exfoliators mentioned above dramatically improve the results of self-tanners. Directly after using the exfoliator to remove the dead skin cells, pat dry with a clean towel and apply self-tanning lotion evenly. Allow the self-tanning lotion or spray to dry before putting clothing over the treated area.
Refreshing Face Mask
½ ripe, soft avocado
¼ cup raw honey
- Mash the avocado until creamy with a fork or in a food processor
- Mix in the honey and stir until thoroughly combined
- Apply a generous amount of the mixture to your face
- Let it set for 10-15 minutes
- Using a warm, moist wash cloth, lightly scrub the skin with a circular motion
- Rinse the wash cloth and wipe the remainder mixture off your face
Notice the soft, glowing skin that is now looking back at you in the mirror
Apply cooled, used tea bags to your eyes while you are waiting for the face mask to set if you need relief from puffy, tired looking eyes.
Invigorating Face scrub
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Gently massage the mixture into the skin using a circular motion.
This will loosen the dead skin cells and stimulate the blood flow toward surface of the skin. The honey is a natural moisturizer that has a unique ability to extract moisture from the air and hydrate the skin. The brown sugar is a gentle exfoliator that will reveal healthy glowing skin.
This is a perfect time to use a face mask or finish up with your normal toner and moisturizer.
Rejuvenating Moisturizer That Heals and Turns Back Time
Coconut oil is a magic moisturizer for the skin. The many nutrients including vitamin E and healthy fats are just as good for your outside as they are for your inside.
Feed your skin with a light layer of coconut oil in the evening after you have removed any make up and cleansed the area. Coconut oil is all natural and will absorb into your skin to give it the vitamins and moisture it needs. Since there are no added chemicals, it isn’t necessary to avoid the eye are for fear of irritation.
Apply a thin layer of the oil to the whole face and neck area as a part of your evening skin routine. It’s important to allow 45 minutes to an hour for it to soak in before bed so the coconut oil won’t transfer to your pillow case.
When you wake up in the morning you will notice soft, even toned and happy skin. Over time, the results will continue to improve.
Moisturizing and Repairing Hair Mask
Your hair puts up with a lot. With daily exposure to adverse weather, harsh shampoos, styling tools and products, sometime your hair needs a break and some repair.
- Liquefy approximately ¼ cup of coconut oil in a microwave safe bowl (Use more or less depending on hair length and thickness)
- Saturate your hair with the coconut oil and make sure to pay attention to the scalp and hair ends
- Cover your hair with a shower cap to the heat from your scalp will help the oil saturate the hair shaft
- Leave the shower cap on for an hour or so
- Rinse and wash your hair as you normally would
- Repeat weekly for continued repair and maintenance
The coconut oil will moisturize and repair damaged hair without any leftover greasy feeling.
- 2 cups baking soda
- 1 ½ cups Epsom salt
- 10 drops of lavender oil (optional)
Combine the baking soda, Epsom salt and lavender into a bathtub full of the hottest water you can tolerate.
The Magnesium will help detoxify your body of impurities while the baking soda will calm your skin and make it smooth. Lavender oil has a wonderful aromatherapy quality to enhance relaxation and peace.
(check temperature carefully before submerging yourself to avoid any discomfort or burns)
Pampering Hydrating Bath
For a relaxing soak that your skin will thank you for, add 2 tablespoons baby oil and 1 ½ cup baking soda to a nice warm bath. The baking soda in a natural cleaner and has a calming effect on the skin. The baby oil will moisturize without clogging pores. Your skin will absorb what it needs and the rest will wipe off on the towel after you are done.
Baby oil is an extremely versatile tool when it comes to your skin. It works perfectly as a primer when shaving and it removes eye make-up gently and completely.
Baby oil is a mineral oil and can be very dangerous if swallowed. Please be careful not to submerge your head in a baby oil bath.
It’s important to realize that if too much baby oil is used, the bath tub surface can become slippery. Please take care when stepping out of a bath that included any type of oil.
Healing Foot Soak
Vinegar and water is an inexpensive and easy way to reduce or eliminate toenail fungus, athlete’s foot and eliminate odor.
- Simply combine 2 cups of white distilled vinegar or apple cider vinegar with 6 cups of hot tap water in a large pot or other container.
- Soak your feet for approximately 20 minutes
- When the time is up, rinse your feel well with warm water and dry them completely.
Repeat these steps daily until any fungus has disappeared. The antibacterial properties of the vinegar make it a wonderful solution for minor irritations.
Between the environment and our beauty routines, occasionally our bodies deserve some pampering.
These simple steps are safe, effective and can be done on your schedule.
There is no reason why everyone shouldn’t look and feel their best so relax and enjoy, you deserve it!