- Fashion and Beauty»
- Bath, Shower & Spa Treatments & Products
Make non-toxic in-shower body lotion for dry winter skin.
- 1/3 Cup Dr. Bronners Liquid Soap, any scent
- 1 Can Coconut Milk (FULL FAT), DO NOT SHAKE!
- 1/4 Cup Oil (NOT MINERAL OIL!), I prefer olive, but you can use avocado, apricot, jojoba, etc.
Prep time: 15 min
Ready in: 15 min
Yields: appx 16 oz.
- First, be sure your can of coconut milk has been sitting upright. Gently turn it over and puncture a tiny hole in the center of the can. (By tiny I mean, use the very tip of the knife, just enough to let a few air bubbles in.)
- Gently turn the can back over (do this over the sink) and open the can with a can opener. The "water" part of the coconut milk will drain leaving the fluffy, rich white part of the coconut milk.
- Measure 1/3 cup of Dr. Bronners soap into the blender (or mixing bowl), add the oil, and once the water drains from your coconut milk, add the coconut milk to your blender (or mixing bowl).
- IF you use the blender be sure you put it at the lowest possible speed, since we all know what happens when soap is whipped! Otherwise, use a mixing bowl and a wire whisk.
- Blend the ingredients. If using a blender, you may need to let your mixture settle for a few minutes so the air bubbles rise to the top. I personally re-use containers, so I took an old container with a pump on it for easy use of the product in the shower.