- Fashion and Beauty
Makeup for Black Hair, Tan Skin, and Brown Eyes
Women with black hair, tan skin, and brown eyes have a beauty that stands out in a society of Hollywood blondes. Sometimes this tone of skin is natural and olive and sometimes it is from a bottle or from being sun-kissed.
Whichever one is true for you, below are makeup tips for black hair, brown eyes, and tan skin that will help your beauty stand out in a crowd.
Celebrities such as Kim Kardashian, Salma Hayek, and Vanessa Hudgens all wear this exotic look very well, and so will you.
This beauty combination is common in Latinas, such as Mexicans and Peurto Ricans, and in Arab and Mediterranean women, such as Italians, Spaniards, and Portuguese.
- Dark hair, skin, and eyes are one of the only beauty combinations in which thick eyebrows look generally flattering. Consider only plucking extra hairs outside of your brow line and subtly trimming forward-protruding hairs with manicure scissors. This will allow you to keep a thicker brow while keeping a clean look to them.
- If you would like a thinner brow, get them waxed professionally the first time, and ask to only have them "cleaned up." This will keep the technician from giving you eyebrows that are overly thin. When you have them done professionally the first time, it gives you an idea on how to maintain the shape on your own at home.
Foundation and Concealer
- If you have generally clear skin, you might only need foundation for evening occasions. Dark skin tends to be more even all over the face without patches of varying color that plague lighter skinned women.
- Problem areas on darker skin tend to be dark circles under the eyes and spots of darker acne on the cheeks. In this case, be more liberal with the concealer and less so with the foundation. Foundation should only be used to blend away uneven color over the concealer.
- Choose black mascara and apply a thin to medium thick layer of black eyeliner around your eyes.
- Be sure to wear enough mascara so that your eyes stand out. You will need more eye makeup than lighter skinned women as your features are all darker.
- Smoky eye makeup effects will also suit you.
- Your best eyeshadow colors will be varying shades of violet, browns, and darker peach.
- Darker pink, darker peach, and soft browns will be your best blush colors.
- Try sweeping your blush color along the underside of your brows so it matches the color on your cheeks.
- The lip shades that will look best on you are red, violet, medium pinks, and brown-infused shades. Save the red for nighttime!