Makeup for Blonde Hair, Blue Eyes, and Fair Skin
Women with blonde hair, blue eyes, and fair skin have a delicate beauty that is coveted and admired by women in Hollywood and across America.
Admired celebrities such as Kirsten Dunst, Gwyneth Paltrow, and Taylor Swift are all famous pale blue-eyed blondes that have mastered their beauty regimens.
Below are makeup tips for blonde hair, blue eyes, and fair skin.
We will cover makeup tips for eyebrows, foundation and concealer, eye makeup, blush colors, and lip colors.
- Very light pinks will be your best blush colors. You can also try a very light brown if you have a warm skin tone. Taylor Swift (right) wears her pink blush so light that it looks like her natural coloring.
- In addition to your cheeks, apply a sweep of blush along your nose and forehead to give yourself an overall even balance of color in your face.
- The lip shades that will look best on you are light, medium, and dark pinks. You will also look great with red lipstick. You can try a soft rosey brown as well.
Daytime and Nighttime Eye Makeup
- Your best eyeshadow colors will be varying shades of blue, violet, pink, and light brown.
- One of the sexiest night-time and party eyeshadow looks for blue-eyed blondes is royal blue.
- Choose brown mascara to complement your eyes in the daytime. In the evening, applying black mascara will offset your blue eyes and make them look more dramatic. Wearing more than two coats of mascara will usually look like overkill (unless you are going for the smokey eye effect).
- During the daytime, wear brown eyeliner in a thin layer around your eyes. Thick eyeliner will overpower your delicate features.
- Blondes look best with dark blonde, red, or light brown eyebrows. If you have very light eyebrows, find a pencil in one of these colors and lightly go over them until you are satisfied with the results. Light brown tends to be the color most blondes go for. Kirsten Dunst's eyebrows (in the picture on the the right) are also an example of the perfect color eyebrows for a blonde.
- Bushy brows usually do not look good on blondes, simply because blonde haired women have a very delicate look to their faces. Your brow shape should be on the thinner side. Kirsten's eyebrows, for example, have a natural arch that complements her eyes, and are noticeable without being thick.
Foundation and Concealer
You'll want to choose a foundation that is recognized for working well for fair skin. Look for color names that include such words as "ivory" or "pale" in them.
All major brands of cosmetics have tone variations in them and you might find that only one or two brands cater to your skin tone for your specific shade. The first time you buy concealer or foundation, always make sure that you buy it in person and sample it if you can.
Fair skin often shows veins from underneath the skin, especially below the temples, on the eyelids, and under the eyes. If you have any of these beauty issues, carefully and evenly apply concealer to the area before you layer foundation on.
Many blondes get redness on their cheeks from sun sensitivity, so it is a good idea to purchase a foundation that has at least an SPF of 15.