- Fashion and Beauty
Makeup for Brown Hair, Brown Eyes, and Tan Skin
Whether you have naturally tan skin, or you have achieved it by bottle, salon, or sun, this hub will help maximize your beauty.
Below are makeup tips for brown hair, brown eyes, and tan skin.
Celebrities such as Rachel Bilson, Eva Longoria, and Jessica Alba all know how to show off their glowing skin, and you will too.
We will focus on eyebrows, foundation and concealer, eye makeup, and blush and lip colors.
Fortunately, brown-eyed brunettes often need less beauty maintenance than women with other color features.
Continue reading below for your beauty tips.
Which one of these women has the best look?
- Keep your eyebrows in a flattering shape to frame your face.
- If your eyebrows are sparse, fill them in a little bit with a pencil shade that is close to the natural hair color on your head. Thin eyebrows will make your look uneven, as you want to create full symmetry with the color of the hair on your head.
Foundation and Concealer
- Finding concealer for tan skin can be tricky, if you have a bit of an orange tinge to your skin. L'oreal True Match Super Blendable Concealer ensures you get a great color match for your skin specific skin shade.
- Tan skin often does not require a lot of foundation. Use a small amount wherever you see uneven skin, and blend it in using a small circular upward motion. Use full foundation coverage for evenings and special occasions.
- Both brown or black mascara will suit you.
- Apply a thin layer of black eyeliner around your eyes for daytime looks. For evening looks, you can get away with smokey eye makeup, using alternating gray shades on your lids.
- Eyeshadow colors: shades of dark peach, ice blue, and pearl are some of the most flattering shades on tan skin. Dark peach will give your eyes a feminine glow, ice blue is great for evenings, and pearl highlights your eyes by making your tan appear to be in more contrast to the light color of the shadow.
- Dark peach and brown-tinged blush will be your best friend. Both colors enhance your tan skin without making you look overdone.
- Women with tan skin can wear reds and pinks especially well. A great spring and summertime look is to wear a pale pink shade on your lips to offset your tan.