Makeup for Dark Brown Hair and Blue Eyes
Women with dark brown hair and blue eyes have features that pop with a very light makeup routine, and can also be more dramatically enhanced with slight variations in cosmetic application.
Actresses such as Zooey Deschanel, Aishwarya Rai, and Lauren Graham all have dark brown hair and blue eyes and carry the look off very well.
This hub will give you makeup tips for dark brown hair and blue eyes using these celebrities' photos for examples.
Get Lauren Graham's Go-anywhere Makeup Look
Lauren Graham's makeup is appropriate for both daytime and a less dramatic evening out.
She emphasizes her eyes and lips while keeping the rest of her face low-key.
If you master only one makeup look, let this be it.
Apply a foundation that has neutral undertones to it -- not too orange and not too pink. If you have a hard time trying to figure this one out, just go by how it looks on you. If the foundation looks "just right," then you've succeeded.
Sweep a peachy pearl eyeshadow across your lids and all the way up to your brow line.
Apply a very light peachy pink blush to the apples of your cheeks and across your forehead.
Draw a very thin line of black eyeliner around your entire eye.
Apply three coats of mascara to your upper lashes only.
Cover your lips with a dark watermelon lipstick.
Get Zooey Deschanel's Rosy Glow:
Apply an ivory foundation and pressed powder.
Brush on a medium pink blush on the apples of your cheeks, next to your hairline beside your eyes, and along the front of your nose.
Line your entire eye with black eyeliner, going thicker and the outer corners and along the upper lid.
Sweep a layer of light violet eyeshadow along your eyelids.
Apply three coats of black mascara.
Slick on a pinkish rose lipstick.
Look Like Aishwarya Rai by Getting Flawless Skin and Dramatic Makeup
- If you would like skin like Aishwarya's, lighten your skin of any freckles or dark spots with lemon slices rubbed against these areas on your face.
- Apply concealer to all troubled spots.
- Foundation is highly important here as Aishwarya's makeup is incredibly smooth looking an you are looking for the same results. Make sure to smooth foundation into the edges of your hairline, under your jawline, and to your ears, so your skin looks streak-free.
- Apply a very light pink blush to the cheek area closest to your ears, and also along your forehead.
- Sweep a light gray eyeshadow across your lids, and a very light peach eyeshadow to the skin above the crease and to the brow line.
- Very thinly line your upper lash line with black pencil.
- Apply two to three coats of makeup to both your upper and lower lashes.
- Apply a shimmery candy purple lipstick to your lips, extending slightly outside the lip lines.