- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care
Steps to Do-it-Yourself Manicures at Home
Do it Yourself Manicure Tips
Many people are into saving money these days and are on a budget. People are into "easy do it yourself ideas" at home. There are many "do it yourself ideas" to do at home, such as: styling your own hair at home instead of paying a Beautician, and doing your own manicures at home. This can definitely help you save money by doing your own fingernails and manicures at home
Fingernails that are manicured help your appearance. There are job positions where people notice your fingernails more often, positions such as: Cashier, Receptionist, Waitress, Barber, etc.
Fingernails grow 1/2 an inch every month for most people, and pregnant women nails grow much faster from month to month. Eating healthy foods can assist with nail growth. If you want to maintain healthy nails, it's best to avoid wearing acrylic fingernails. Acrylic nails often times take the top layer of your nails off in the process of taking the acrylic nail off. Also acrylic nails are prone to carrying bacteria due to the nail glue and the length, which is called nail fungus.
For better cuticle health; keep your nails moisturized with a hand lotion. Carry a trial-size amount of hand lotion in your purse or car. Try to keep all the nails at the same length for a well groomed appearance. And when filing your nails, file them across to make sure that all your nails are even.
You can give yourself a manicure at home once a month. The manicure supplies you'll need are: fingernail clippers, nail filer, hand moisturizer, polish remover, cotton balls, base nail polish, and nail-cuticle stick.
Steps to doing Your Own Manicure at Home
- Remove fingernail polish with nonacetone polish remover and a cotton ball.
- File all your nails at an even length with a nail filer.
- Apply olive oil to your hands and especially to your nails to loosen the cuticles.
- Then place your hands in a bowl of warm soapy water for about 7 minutes.
- Lightly dry your hands on a towel, apply hand moisturizer again to your nails.
- Begin to push your cuticles back with a nail-cuticle stick.
- Very carefully clip away any hangnails, and lightly scrape away loose skin around the cuticles with the nail stick.
- Apply one coat of base nail polish to your nails, let dry before applying your fingernail color on top.
- Apply a nail polish that matches your clothes or makeup, apply a second coat if needed for your desired color.
- Let nails completely dry for 20-30 minutes.
If you're into nail-art and designs, there are cute nail art that you can place on top of your nail color, then apply a single coat of clear polish on top of the nail-art. Nail-art can be purchased at your local pharmacies.
There you have it, a professional nail manicure that you can do at home. This will save you money, and it gives you something to do as a craft idea.
Do it Yourself Manicure Poll
Have You Ever Given Yourself or Someone Else a Manicure?
DIY - How to do "Quick Dip Acrylic Nails"
© 2012 Ann810