Different Uses For A Sarong
Sarongs and the sea!
- The sarong is an amazing item of clothing that has many different creative uses in and out of the home! Easy to pack and use as you wish.
- Cotton or cheesecloth sarongs are easy to roll up in your suitcase for your island getaway!
White Lace Beach Sarong
Easy To Wear
Easy To Wear And Easy On The Pocket
Beach Party /Sarong Style
Other Uses For The Sarong
- Use as an outdoor tropical look table cloth for a pool party.
- Wrap around the head as a turban for a fancy dress party. Pin an exotic fashion jewel brooch in the centre front, to complete the head dress.
- Line a gift hamper basket for a summer birthday or Christmas gift. Add items for the beach or bath products, to match the colours in your sarong
- Tie on two bamboo poles for a beach wind break. Use the tassels for tying it on.
- If need be use as an arm sling for an accident or fall.
- For wrapping bumpy pillows while travelling.
- Keeping bugs or mosquitoes off you at night.
- As a religious head scarf for visiting certain worship areas while travelling.
Turban Style For A Party
More Uses For The Pareo Or Beach Wrap -Take Your Sarong When Travelling.
- When travelling we used some sarongs as curtains.The cottage did not have curtains or blinds. They were renovating the bungalow and we got it at a reduced price. We had a quite a number of them packed in to our suitcase, for emergencies. Created a real bright holiday feel to the room.
- Wrap it around your waist or tie it around the neck as a dress for the beach lunch.
Sarongs At The Market
Unusual Ways To Tie A Sarong
One Sarong..many uses!
There are very few items of clothing that can be used in so many different original ways!
How To Tie A Sarong
Many Uses For Your Simple Sarong
- Divide your wrap in half and make individual scarves to give away as gifts for Christmas or birthday.to family and friends. Add a small rolled hem by machine or a thin single one.
- Add a fringe from your craft and fabric store to match one of the colours on your sarong.
- Wrap beautifully in tissue paper and soft hessian string.
- Add a warm friendly note in the same theme.
- Place in a large tropical gift bag. Hang a shell from one of the handles. Stick ribbon or string onto the shell with a strong super glue from your hardware shop.
Make A Table Runner And Serviettes
- Cut a sarong in half lengthwise.
- Make a small seam and sew neatly around the edge of fabric.
- Iron the runner and seams with a medium hot iron.
- I prefer 100% cotton sarongs as they last longer than synthetic ones.
- With the other half of the sarong divide into squares and make some colourful serviettes.
- Also make a small seam around edge with machine.
- Iron finished item, neatly flattening the seams.
- Use the runner in the middle of table and buy some round grass mats for your place settings.
- Place each serviette on a white side plate, folded in a triangle.
- You will have a lovely table setting for your next pool party or barbecue with family and friends!