- Fashion and Beauty»
- Body Art, Tattoos & Piercing
Marilyn Monroe Tattoos And Designs-Marilyn Monroe Tattoo Ideas And Pictures
One of the most celebrated women in the past century has to be Marilyn Monroe. Marilyn Monroe was a symbol of sexuality and she still is today. Marilyn Monroe tattoos are one of the most popular celebrity tattoos in the entire world. Even 50 years after her death, Marilyn Monroe remains to be an iconic figure. The fame and glamour was not always associated to Marilyn, she actually had a rough childhood. In this article, we will take a look at the life of Marilyn Monroe, discuss Marilyn Monroe tattoos, and you will also have a chance to view several Marilyn Monroe tattoo designs. In the end, we hope that you are able to gain ideas and inspiration for your next tattoo venture.
From the late 1940s to today, Marilyn Monroe remains as a symbol of fame, success, and sex. When it came to her beauty, few ever compared. Her personality and charm was one of a kind. Born in 1926, Marilyn was way ahead of her time. She made women jealous and men fall to their knees. She had a carefree personality and was a goddess on the screen. At the time of her death, she had it all. She was rich, famous, and successful. Marilyn Monroe passed away in 1962 at the tender age of 36.
Marilyn Monroe was acrually born as Norma Jeane Mortensen. Norma was born on June 1st, 1926. Norma's mother was dealing with a mental illness and couldn't care for the young child. Norma spent most of her young life in foster care and orphanages. At the tender age of two, she was nearly smothered to death. A few years later, she was nearly raped. This was the life for Norma, a time in her life where she felt out of place and often alone. At the age of 16, she chose to get married to James Doughtery. It has been said that she chose to get married so she wouldn't have to return to the orphanage. She overcame so much as a child and young adult, which shaped her character when she began modeling and acting. Her very first film was a small part in the movie "The Shocking Miss Pilgrim" in 1947. Norma would begin using the name Marilyn Monroe in 1946, although she legally didn't have it changed until 1956. Monroe would go on to play in 30 films and truly became an iconic figure, even long after her death. Today, she is one of the most celebrated figures in Hollywood. Marilyn Monroe will forever be remembered for her unique personality, stunning looks, and her famous quotes. Marilyn died on August 5th, 1962 from an overdose, she was only 36.
Marilyn Monroe is one of the most recognized celebrities in history. Every man wanted her and every female wanted to her life. She was that captavating. You never forget a face like that. Even 50 years after her death, she still remains a popular personality. In the world of tattooing, she is one of the most popular celebrity tattoos. Marilyn Monroe tattoos are wore by both men and women. Men and women sport Monroe as a tattoo for a variety of different reasons. Men and women may wear such a tattoo because they are a Marilyn Monroe fan or because they feel they have a personal association with the star. Some say they wear the Marilyn Monroe tattoo because it symbolizes hardship and success, which is her life story. When she was younger, Monroe admits that no one told her she was beautiful. Marilyn also admits that she felt that no one wanted her. She always felt that she belonged to the public and the world since nobody ever gave her the time of day.Although her life ended in tragedy, her symbolic icon represents struggle and victory. As a child, she was an orphan. It didn't get her down and she made her own path, one that would lead her to Hollywood. Monroe then became a global icon and a household name that many knew. At one point, she had it all.
MARILYN MONROE QUOTES AND TATTOO DESIGNS
Marilyn Monroe is remembered for her personality, beauty, and sex appeal. But just as important, she is remember for her famous quotes. Some Marilyn Monroe tattoos can include famous quotes that she said. Below, you can find some of these quotes that may be considered for your Marilyn Monroe tattoo.
- I love a natural look in pictures. I like people with a feeling one way or another-it shows an inner life. I like to see that there's something going on inside them.
- I'm not interested in money, I just want to be wonderful.
- A career is wonderful, but you can't curl up with it on a cold night.
- No one ever told me I was pretty when I was a little girl. All little girls should be told they're pretty, even if they aren't.
- Sex is a part of nature. I go along with nature.
- If I had observed all the rules, I'd never have gotten anywhere.
- If I play a stupid girl, and ask a stupid question, I've got to follow it through. What am I supposed to do, look intelligent?
- I restore myself when I am alone. A career is born in public-talent in private.
- If you make a girl laugh, you can make her do anything.
- Everyone's a star and deserves the right to twinkle.
- I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
- Hollywood is a place where they pay you $50,000 for a kiss and 50 cents for your soul.
- The body is meant to be seen, not all covered up.
- I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when you're right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to fall apart so better things can fall together.
- Suicide is a person's privilege. I don't believe it is a sin or crime, it's your right if you do. Though it doesn't get you anywhere.
There are several different variations when it comes to Marilyn Monroe tattoo designs. Many Marilyn Monroe tattoo designs portray famous pictures of Marilyn, such as the famous skit when her dress is blown up. Her trademark red lips and platinum blonde hair are also often included in her tattoo designs. Marilyn Monroe actually dyed her hair nine times before she settled on platinum blonde, a look that would define her. Monroe is often portrayed with jewelry and sometimes only as a head shot. Be sure to check out all the different Marilyn Monroe tattoos in this article. This should help you come up with a few ideas for your Marilyn Monroe tattoo design. It will also give you an idea of what is available.
Marilyn Monroe won many rewards and recognitions in her career. Some of her greatest honors were long after she was gone. We now take a look at a few of those awards.
- "Sexiest Women of the Century" People Magazine
- "Number One Sex Star of the 20th Century" Playboy
- "Sexiest Female Movie Star of all time" Premier
- "#6 50 Greatest Screen Legends" American Film Institute
- "2nd Greatest Movie Star of all time" Premier
There are some important things that you should remember before you choose to get your tattoo. You always want to research your tattoo. Make sure that you fully understand what your tattoo represents and stands for. Don't rush to get inked! If your not sure about a tattoo, it is best to wait. You can always get it done later. Men and women that rush to get inked usually have regrets about their tattoo on down the line. Make the right choice the first time around. If you feel that Marilyn Monroe tattoos are not for you or you want to view more tattoos, please feel free to follow the links below. Thanks for your visit.