Mens Cologne: 5 Scents Women Love
Pay no attention to scientists when they claim the scent of cologne can't turn a woman on. On the contrary, nothing could be further from the truth. They may not have a clue as to how to go about proving it, but I promise, a sexy cologne goes a long, long way in terms of sex appeal. I can't explain the why, and frankly, I can't see a need to; I have yet to meet a woman who doesn't love a good-smelling man. I mean, come on, there are a number of scents which would turn you off in a nanosecond - it's only logical that some could turn you on that quickly. That said, it only works when a woman is already at least moderately attracted to you, so please don't think I'm saying this is all you need to turn a woman on!
You'll notice there are three references to Lacoste's Essential cologne listed. This is because I cannot get enough of this stuff. I have considered buying a bottle of it just so's I can spray it on my pillow and wake up with it - it's just that sexy. This light, clean and very fresh scent is fabulous. It's really an anytime, anywhere cologne.
Calvin Klein's Obsession
I have yet to meet a woman who doesn't love this one. This is very masculine, and very heady on the right man. This is for the quiet, confident type who knows what he has to offer, but doesn't need to advertise. Sex appeal is pretty much guaranteed with Obsession for Men, but go easy on it if you're just at the office, this is more a sexy-night-on-the-town cologne.
Calvin Klein's Eternity
Another one for the Calvin Klein fans. This is a fresh, sexy scent that can be worn anytime, anywhere. I do recommend trying this one on at the counter, however, because it doesn't always match a man's personal scent. In other words, it might not be right for you, even if you love it in the bottle. Eternity for women is the same - I love it in the bottle, but that's it. If it works for you, give it a go.
Ralph Lauren's Polo
This is a classic that doesn't get enough attention anymore. There are a number of other colognes from RL, but this is by far the most sensual available for men. You cannot go wrong with a little splash of this around the collar, it's fantastic. Besides, classic never goes out of style.
Cartier makes several colognes and this is my personal favorite. Elegant and sophisticated, yet still very masculine. And I absolutely adore the bottle; understated and classic. The cologne is pretty much the same, and you can't go wrong with that.
A Few Tips:
- Hold the bottle at least 6-10 inches away -- you don't want to have to spray yourself several times, as too much of a good thing can be noxious.
- It's ok to lightly spray your chest -- but don't go lower than your abs.
- Please don't spray your wrists -- that's something women do.
- Spraying your clothes is ok -- if you do it lightly, and keep it in the general vicinity of your collar.
- Winter tip -- Try spraying a bit on your scarf, and then offering it to your date on a chilly after-dinner walk. I love borrowing a man's scarf when it smells like him - just realize that if she really loves it, you might not get it back for awhile!