Mens Fashion and Grooming Tips
We all like to look our best.
However, we all don't always seem to know how to make that happen. There's just so much to think about.
We are supposed to know what is in style and what isn't. We have to know how to put fashionable outfits together-as adults, this is much more difficult than it was back in high school or college (sweats and a t-shirt don't suffice anymore).
We need to be able to accessorize our clothing, choose the right haircuts, and more. It's a lot of pressure - especially since everyone is always telling us that we "only get one chance to make a first impression."
So, here are some fashion and style tips that can help you look your best every day:
1. When in doubt, it is always better to be overdressed than to be underdressed. For example, if you aren't certain about how you are to dress for the barbecue party that your boss is throwing (Is it considered a business event? Or is it a casual backyard party?), it would be better to err on the side of caution and overdress-in this case, you would go for business casual rather than backyard casual.
2. A neatly trimmed hairstyle is essential. That isn't to say that your hair needs to be cut short-this is merely saying that your hair needs to be cut neatly. Surfer-boy type styles really don't appear very serious or professional; therefore, if you are sporting a hairstyle like this type of unstructured style, you will not put off a good impression. So, make sure that your hair is neatly trimmed.
3. Facial hair needs to be well-taken care of as well. Men without beards need to be clean-shaven. If you do opt to wear a beard, keep it very short and extremely neat at all times. Do not let it grow more than a fraction of an inch before trimming. Additionally, nose and ear hair needs to be controlled.
4. Stay away from trends that are too young for you. Don't look at what the teenagers are wearing and try to copy those trends. Likewise, don't shop at the same stores as where your teenage son shops - or, at every least, stay away from the young men's department.
5. Go easy on the aftershave and cologne. Many men go overboard on this, assuming that more is better. Well, more is not better-more can be nauseating to everyone else around you.
Follow these tips, and you will definitely make a good first impression on anyone.