Messenger Bags For Men: The Why's and How's
So you have heard about messenger bags for men. However, you are quite unsure as to why you should choose it over your trusty old backpack, or how you can rock one without sacrificing your manly look. There are plenty of reasons for the former, and even more ways for the latter. If you have been looking for quick tips, then you are in for a treat.
Messenger bags are designed to hold almost anything. Initially conceived for bike messengers, these bags are so versatile – they can be used in a whole lot of ways.
- Majority of messenger bags are equipped with an easy-to-access front flap closure, multiple compartments, and zippered pockets – just perfect for a casual use in school.
- They come with a strong durable strap that securely fits across the chest, making it ideal for carrying laptops. Though durable enough, some are attached with secondary stabilizing strap for controlling heavier load.
- If mail carriers can use it for delivering packages, then so can you for holding and organizing papers and other documents. It impeccably does the job, too, if you are at work and have small deliveries to make.
Though most guys would rather put up with baggy pockets just to be free from the use of the so-called “girly” accessory, here are some pointers for pulling off messenger bags.
Do you think messenger bags are unmasculine?
- Ditch the kiddie backpack; you’re all grown-up now. If you want to hold on to your youth for a little longer, messenger bags are the way to go. Opt for a solid leather variation, and you end up looking like the grown man that you are.
- Say no to embellishments. A messenger bag is just as functional even without the fussy buckles and locks.
- Stick to traditional colors. Think hues with deep undertones of manhood. Top picks include brown, grey, military green, and, of course, black.
- Right size is key. Pick one that complements your physique. Depending on your build, too large bags may seem a bit overblown, while too small ones might appear ornamental and nonfunctional.
While the earlier messenger bags were a bit more on the unstructured, softer side, today’s variations include fabric, suede, leather, and nylon rainproof materials, which may just effortlessly match any type of wardrobe and meet all sorts of needs. The quality, however, always varies; hence, when selecting one, make sure to have a good look at the thickness of the material, the meticulousness of the double-stitching, as well as the zippers and clasps.
Bottom line is, if it does feel sturdy enough and if it does go well with your tastes, then it is almost certainly a good bet.