- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care
DIY Facial: Milk, Oats and Honey Facial
Milk, Oats and Honey Facial
Milk is just as beneficial for the outside of your body as it is the inside (make sure to look for hormone free.) Milk when applied as a facial adds moisture to parched skin, and makes your skin softer, supple. Milk has been used as a beauty secret for centuries, even queens and kings in Ancient Egypt were known to bathe in milk to keep their skin radiant..
Milk is full of nutrients and vitamins and because of that is known as mother nature's weapon to help keep aging skin looking fresh. One of the main anti-aging ingredients found in milk is lactic acid which is a form of Alpha-Hydroxy-Acid.
Alpha-Hydroxy-Acid is well known for its ability to remove dead skin cells and help make the skin appear plumper. You could use cow's milk for this facial concoction, but I prefer goat's milk due to its super high fat content that gives it a creamier texture.
Oats and honey have many skin healthy nutrients as well, both are almost as good at adding moisture to your skin and taking away impurities as milk is. They have also been used for years for its natural soothing benefits as well.
Keep in mind this DIY facial treatment can be super, sticky, so wear older clothes or put a towel around your neck when you apply it. Also try not to lick your self too much, this could make you appear a little weird, plus it is really hard to lick your face, "when I do, my husband just laughs, I told him I smell so good I couldn't help myself".
What You Will Need
1. 1 Cup of milk preferably goats milk, if goats milk is not available cows milk will do.Which ever one you choose look for the hormone-free kind, it will usually tell you on the jug.
2. 2 Cups of dry oats, I prefer to use steel-cut because they tend to work a little better but if you don't have steel-cut you can use old-fashioned, never try to use instant it tends to be too runny.
3. 1 Cup of all-natural, raw honey, this kind always seems to work best.
4. 1 Large bowl, big enough to take a bath in, (just kidding, had to add my random banter ha).
5. 1 Large hair clip
- Pull all your hair back away from your face and place your hair clip in it, to keep the mixture from getting onto your hair.
- Add your oats to your milk and mix the two together.
- Now take your honey and add it to your milk and oats mixture, your mixture should be lumpy and thick, but still pliable enough to apply the mixture to your face.
- Carefully apply the facial onto your face and leave the mixture on for ten minutes.
- Now thoroughly wash the mixture off your face and enjoy how beautiful your skin looks and feels.