Must-Read about Nose Piercing and Its Healing Problems
Nose piercing is one of the popular types of piercings that the most men and women do throughout the world to wear beautiful jewels in their nose. Piercing in nose is very painful but still interested people go for it so that they can look stylish and attractive. There are different kinds of nose piercings as well and among them the most common one is nostril piercing. Nose piercing is the world’s second most famous form of body piercing.
The presence of nose piercing in South Pacific, African and Indian cultures is very old. A few decades ago the western culture also got influenced from nose piercing and its popularity has been increased a lot in Europe and America. Though the process of nose piercing comprises plenty of complications and risks, many people consider it. Professional training is also provided in nose piercing in various institutes.
Different Types of Nose Piercings:
- High Nostril
- Vertical Nose Tip
Safety Questions You Should Ask Before Nose Piercing
Check out some simple but essential questions that you should be aware of prior going through nose piercing. Just get in touch with an experienced and knowledgeable piercer and ask some relevant questions.
- Ask about all those products that the piercer is going to use for healing nose. Get recommendation for any particular soap or healing cream for your nose. If you have any allergy to fragrances or ingredients, make sure to avoid them.
- Never hide any medical problem you are suffering through. Bring all concerns in front of the piercer so that he will be able to take proper precautions to avoid any major problem.
- Get to know how your preferred nose jewelry suits you. Ask whether your nose will be suitable with the selected jewel. Also get ideas about other types of jewels that suit your nose.
In case you are not satisfied with the answers and you do not get a clear idea, look for some other piercer. Many options for nose piercing are available in the market and you can pick the suitable one very easily.
Traditional Nose Piercing
Hindu women do nose piercing from ancient times. Most women want to look beautiful by wearing lots of jewelries. Indian women give a high value to their jewelries. Nose is the central point of face. Hence it is important to adorn it with attractive jewels.
Nose piercing is also very old in African culture. Both men and women can be seen with pierced nose.
How to Discover An Infection
Everyone has different type of skin, body texture and sensitivity level that may decide whether the nose piercing is infected or not. It is important to recognize an infection in your nose to avoid any major concern and take proper precaution in time.
Nose piercing mostly leads to swelling, tenderness and redness. But it’s a normal condition and there is nothing to worry about. Redness after piercing happens very often. Here are some of the major concerns that may lead to an infection:
- Excessive swelling
- Excessive pain and tenderness
- Excessive redness
- Discharge of greenish or yellowish liquid from nose
To heal an infection, you have to clean the pierced area on a regular basis. Also apply a recommended anti-bacterial cream or ointment.