- Fashion and Beauty
Strength in Sticks
I have always loved long hair and one of the great things about having it is all the ways that it can be played with. It can be curled, braided, pinned, frizzed, straightened and fastened.
One of the best ways to fasten hair is with a stick or two. Using hair sticks is easier on the hair than elastics and the designs are endless ranging from simple wood like chop sticks to intricate carved bone and beading.
Etsy is an online shop for artisans to sell their wares and in my opinion is one of the best locations I have found to find hair sticks from many different vendors. Below you will find twelve Etsy shops that I especially like because of their designs.
Things to Keep in Mind While Shopping
- Shipping Costs -- every artisan will have different shipping costs some are more reasonable than others.
- Return Policy -- like shipping it may be different with each artisan.
- Choose the sellers that have the best policies and feedback.
- Familiarize yourself with Etsy's site policies and FAQ.
The Art of Hair Sticks from Etsy
- Unique & Unusual Horn & Lacquer by quecraft
One of My Top Fave Etsy Shops for Hair Sticks. Most of my current hair sticks have come from this Etsy shop. They are single sticks that are unique looking with affordable pricing and shipping.
- Raven's Lair by RavensLair
An interesting twist on hair sticks with these creative "hair daggers".
- Hair Sticks Hairsticks Hair Accessories by PurpleMoonDesigns
Etsy is currently running a test where you might not be able to see a shops’ shipping charges till you have put an item in your shopping cart.
- Original Handmade Art Jewelry Victorian & by TrashAndTrinkets
Recycled, upcycled, keys, bullets, clockworks, and weird bits of oddity salvaged and reclaimed then repurposed and altered artistically for your
*** Shop Update - 5/1/14 *** Welcome to Timberstone Turnings, we appreciate you taking the time to stop by and visit. As many of our
- Forever Sunshine Cute and Elegant Hairsticks by ForeverSunshine
Hello and welcome to ForeverSunshine! As you can see, I specialize in the very cute, but just like my personality, I have a bit of a dark side as
- Fine Handmade Wood Turned Ornaments & Shawl Pins by hanssenstudios
Hanssen Studios offers functional and decorative art and jewelry by David Hanssen and the collaborative work of David and Betty Hanssen, using
- Handcrafted Jewelry Shawl Pins Ornaments by nicholasandfelice
Welcome to our shop full handmade earrings, necklaces, shawl pins, ornaments and hanging vases.Our styles range from Celtic to Geeky.
- Bone and Wood Hair Pins by ayujewelry
An interesting assortment of jewelry and hairpins.
- Luxury Hair Slides by ElizabellaDesign on Etsy
Elizabella Design Luxury Hair Slides. Classic elegance showcasing timeless design with the modern sophistication trending today
- KimSonCraft Cattle & Buffalo Horn Craft Product by KimSonCraft
KimSonCraft made products from natural material: Water Buffalo Horn, Cattle Horn, Mother Of Pearl, Abalone, Ivory, Bone and Deer. Our main products
- Fantasy Art and Illustration by Laura by LauraChilsonStudios
Fantasy artwork by Laura Chilson. Elves, wolves, faeries, dragons, monstrously magical creatures of all shapes and sizes. Bringing the lovely
How to Put in One Stick - by Sol Sara
How Many Sticks Do You Use
For inexpensive hair sticks buy some chopsticks from the dollar store. You can wear them as is or decorate them to your tastes.
How to Use Two Sticks - by Manivan Larprom
Bargain Ideas for Hair Sticks
You don't have to spend a lot of money on hair sticks to get the same look. Many other tools can offer the same style.
- Cap pens with the caps.
- Real chop sticks from a restaurant (use a sharp knife to give one end a point -- but be careful).
- Sturdy straws.
- Flag sticks.
- Dollar store paint brushes.
Are you new to hair sticks or have you been using them for years. Drop us a note about how you use your hair sticks, any Etsy shopping tips you have picked up along the way, or just say "hi".