- Fashion and Beauty»
- Skin Care
My Skin Type
It is important to know that there are various skin types varying from individual to individual. The key factor to having a great skin is to know your skin type. Do not assume you know, be sure you know so as to avoid wrong skin products. The various skin types includes;
- Oily skin
- Dry skin
- Normal skin
- Combination skin
You may have one of these skin types, and also have a sensitive skin. Except for normal skin. It is rare for people with normal skin to also have sensitive skin.
People with sensitive skin deal with a lot everyday. Their skin feel dry, itchy, and sometimes flaky, the slightest agitation from cold, heat, wind, sugar, or spicy food can cause havoc to their skin, and they easily react to products especially if they are trying them for the first time.
How to Manage Sensitive Skin
- Avoid medicated and harsh soaps, stick to toilet soap or any mild liquid bath
- Moisturize with cream that has up to SPF 15
- Avoid things that irritates your skin
- Don't use too much makeup
- Avoid cream with heavy fragrance or stick to a cream with no fragrance
Oily skin is identified by excess of oil on the face. People with oily skin normally begin to feel greasy a few hours after washing their face. People with oily skin may also notice more oil on their “T-zone” because of all the oil glands in the forehead, nose, and chin. People with oily skin are more prone to acne, pimples, and blackheads because of the excess production of sebum (oil) by their glands, and they have visible and large pores.
How to Manage Oily Skin
Although the oil on your skin helps you fight against ageing, excess oil on the face can be embarrasing and uncomfortable. These simple care routines can help you minimize the appearance of oil on your face:
- Exfoliate two to three times a week
- Use oil-free and noncomedogenic cosmetics
- Don't wear too much make up
- Use a face mask twice or thrice a week. (If you have sensitive skin, use a gentle and preferably homemade face mask)
- Avoid eating food with too much oil
- Moisturize! some people with oily skin do not feel like moisturizing is important, but it is. You may not have to moisturize like those with dry skin, but you have to moisturize at least two to three times a week.
- Avoid too much use of hot water on your face because it strps out too much oil from your face. While you may think that it is a good thing, it is not. When too much oil on your face get drawn out with much hot water or any anti-oil product, your glands go through an oil craze and produce more oil than they did before!
- Also, do not forget to wear sunscreen!
Dry skin is a condition characterized by scaling, itching, and cracking. You might have naturally dry skin, but even if you have oily skin, you can develop dry skin from time to time especially during the dry season. Conditins like diabetes, psoriasis, hypothyroidism, and malnutrition can also cause dry skin.
How to Manage Dry Skin
- Always moisturize
- Exfoliate at least tree times a week, this helps to get rid of dried, dead, and flaky skin
- Use ointment or cream rather than lotion
- Using petroleum jelly can help and reduce dry skin
- Use a face mask at least three times a week
- Use gentle and unscented skin products
- Wear lip balm to prevent your lips from cracking and breaking
Normal skin is skin that has good balance of moisture, small pores and an even tone, it is neither too oily or too dry. It has a light shiny appearance, a minor greasy feeling, it does not get tight nor is it prone to redness, acne or pimples
How to Manage Normal Skin
Although normal skin is the easiest skin type to manage, it is essential to know how to manage and care for it, to avoid skin problems.
- Exfoliate at least once a week
- Use products with rich ingredients like avocado, honey, cocnut oil e.t.c
- Wash your face and keep it clean!
- Use a sunscreen
Buy This Natural Product for all Skin Types Now!
This wonderful product speaks for itself. It is wonderfully formulated for all skin types. It contains vitamin C which is great for nourishing all skin types, and leaving a natural glow after use. It also contains glycolic acid also known as an AHA peel which falls under the family of alpha hydroxy acid group. It is a natural acid found in fruits and vegetables, and when used for a period of time, it can restore your skin by removing acne, pimples, blackheads, and giving your skin a youthful glow.
Combination skin is characterized by both too much production of oil, and less production of oil by the sebum glands.The skin can be normal in some areas, dry in some areas, and oily in others, such as the T-zone (nose, forehead, and chin). Many people have this type. It may need slightly different care in different areas
How to Manage Combination Skin
- Stick to a consistent skin care regimen
- Use natural products
- Use an oil base cleanser and moisturizer on the dried part of your skin
- Treat each skin type differently ( for areas that are oily, use treatment methods for oily skin, for areas that are dried, use treatment methods for dried skin, and for areas that are normal, use treatment methods for normal skin. Or you can use natural products suitable for all skin types
Do I Have Sensitive Skin?view quiz statistics
What is My Skin Type?view quiz statistics
© 2017 Gold Samuel