How to Make The Best DIY Homemade Hair Mask With Coconut Oil and Essential Oils
The Right Hair Products
I have spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars on products for my hair trying to find the best product to fix my dry and brittle hair. My bangs are breaking from my flat iron along with not having the best diet. I want shiny, healthy, long beautiful hair like I see on TV. My shower currently contains about twenty different bottles of mostly salon shampoos and conditioners trying to find the best one for my hair. Many of them work good but I want one that is absolutely fantastic. I can remember years ago, I used a certain conditioner and this conditioner gave me that warm, cooling, smooth feeling. It may have been a mint conditioner but i'm not positive. I can also remember everyone saying how healthy and smooth my hair looked. Of course I can not for the life of me remember what it was and I was not about to spend hundreds of dollars more trying out different conditioners.
First things first, I am 40 years old and only weigh 93 lbs. I am not anorexic. I am not skinny intentionally nor do I think I am fat, I know I am way to skiny and underweight. When I am under stress or have a lot on my mind like work, kids, and more work, I tend to forget to eat or I eat the wrong foods and of course I must not be eating enough. When your nutrition is lacking, your hair, skin and nails will suffer.
I began eating three meals a day, along with a protein supplement and vitamin B12. Your hair needs protein to grow because it is a protein fiber. I also started counting my calories to assure I was eating enough to put some weight on. I was making sure I ate at least 2,500 calories a day. In three days, I put on six pounds. I was excited and began to start feeling better. I could see it in my finger nails and my hair. My nails also used to be very brittle and would peel off. I was never before able to grow nails.
My Homemade DIY Hair Mask
I then decided to search around online to find the best conditioner for my hair. I thought to myself, I do not want to buy another conditioner just to be disappointed again so I decided I will make my own. I looked for all natural products that are good for your hair and that I had in my own kitchen to use with conditioners I already have to make it make it a great conditioner instead of a good conditioner. Below is my homemade coconut oil hair mask recipe.
- 1/4 Cup Queen Helene Cholesterol Hair conditioning Cream
- 1 Tablespoon Vital Care Vitamin E oil (I also use this on my face)
- 1 Tablespoon Mayonaise
- 1 Egg
- 1/2 bottle Spearmint Oil
- 1/2 bottle Cinnamon Oil
- 1 Tablespoon Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Paul Mitchell Moisture, (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon Three Minute Miracle conditioner, (optional)
- 4 to 5 sprays of Its a 10 Leave in Conditioner
- Mix the cholesterol, vitamin E, mayo, one egg, spearmint oil, cinnamon oil, Three Minute Miracle and Paul Mitchell's moisture conditioner together in a bowl. You can use other conditioners you may have instead of the Three Minute Miracle and the moisture.
- Dampen hair before applying treatment
- Fully coat your hair with the mixture and place a towel around your head.
- Allow mixture to treat your hair for about an hour or when you no longer can feel a warm sensation and finally rinse in cool water. Make the water as cold as you can stand it.
- Shampoo hair, rinse, finally add your favorite conditioner and rinse again. Towel dry hair and style as usual
Revealing Strong Shiny Hair
Trust me, your hair will love you after this fantastic hair mask. When you remove the towel, your hair will be shiny, soft and strong. Finish off with a few sprays of Its A 10 Leave in conditioner on towel dried hair. Amazon has it at a great price for $31.85. At Amazon if you spend over $35, you will receive free shipping.
Peppermint and cinnamon oil helps your hair grow by stimulating the scalp. Cholesterol restores shine and manageability.The eggs and mayonnaise help make your hair softer and shinier, it is very good for dry and damaged hair. Honey is also great for hair growth. Honey is high in sugar which also helps retain moisture and strengthens hair follicles. With a proper diet and a great hair mask you will begin to see the healthiest hair you have had in years. I will be using this DIY coconut oil hair mask for my hair every week.