Kim relaxed to natural !
OKAY, IT'S BEAUTY TIP DAY. I AM TAKING A SUPPLEMENT FOR HAIR, SKIN AND NAILS. YESTERDAY WAS THE FIRST DAY AND I'M TELLING YOU I FELT AWESOME AT FIRST. BUT LAST NIGHT, I FELT VERY NAUSEOUS; I USUALLY DON'T TAKE PILLS FOR THAT REASON. I NOTICE ALSO THAT I'VE BEEN DRINKING MORE WATER SINCE TAKING THE PILLS WHICH IS AWESOME. PLEASE IF YOU HAVE ANY TIPS ON WHAT I SHOULD EAT/DRINK WITH SUPPLEMENTS THAT HELPS MY STOMACH SETTLE. PLEASE SHARE.
You can't touch my hair !!!
I can't wear my twist outs like everyone else. I have to slick the sides with the headband, only way it will look decent ugh! Maybe my hair is too short right n
even the " P" has gone natural !
I have no idea what my hair type is, and honestly I don't care. It's healthy, and it's growing. Yes I know someone may have something to say, and that's ok. But
Natural hair negativity
hi ladies I big chopped in april after a 6 month transition and had a little twa, people would seriously make fun of me and call me all sorts of things.. they would say I had boy hair. It's a long story so I ended up texturizing it to please everyone else, i'm starting my natural hair journey over & just need support from beautiful ladies like you ! thanks for adding me to the group.
below I'm gonna post a video I have on youtube talking about all the negativity cause I can't write it all (to the owner of the group, if videos aren't allowed kindly delete it ) xo
Natural hair negativity video
Saturday, May 17th VIP Ticket Holders should arrive at Noon for the Reception. Advance tickets for children $15, $20 for Adults and $35 VIP. At the door, children $20, Adults $25
So i took my braids out & so much of my hair fell out in clumps smh!!!! Has anyone else had this happen to you??
- technically you can lose up to 100 strands of hair a day, so imagine if that hair has been cooped up in braids for a couple months. Its okay only if its not a significant amount where your hair has become completely thinner. Then you should keep your protective style for a shorter amount of time
Celebrity natural hair
What do you think of this product?
How do you queens feel about terminal length? Do you think it's true that your hair stops growing after a certain length?
- no not at all its really short actually its fab fringe by sensational (since im in the military i try to wear protective styles that they wont trip) . i recently stop using shampoo and only wash my hair once a month and deep condition maybe 2x week but i oil my hair everyday. and as for water i must admit i forget to drink at least 1 bottle a day lol i just started getting back good on staying hydrated.
- Well I think your hair is growing, I am around the same length as you and I remember before I transitioned I had been that length for 2 years.So I know it can be frustrating, but def your hair is growing as it retaining more length than mine was. Water + patience. Give it to July to check your length. Because if your hair was 9 inches in Jan, maybe it is 11 inches now?
Luv this pic !!!!!!!!!!!!
What's your hair type ?
My best decision ever !
Growing my natural hair was one of the best decisions I ever made. It feel like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. Oh..and get some argon oil..coconut and castor is kinda heavy tho..but I got my hair to grow good from using Garnier .I found that Pantene anti-breakage also works very well.
My best friend (who is Caucasian) saw my natural hair and made this statement, "I really like your hair like that, it's so cute. Seeing your hair like this makes me wonder why you tortured it before." I felt elated (for the compliment) and guilty (for not embracing my natural hair in the past). Sometimes others have more insight!
Choosing to go natural.
You have the right to change your mind at any time, the choice is yours & yours alone! This world is all about options... if you are at the end of your natural rope then I say cut yourself free & do whatever makes you happy......for some it's about the experience & for others it's who we are, it's an expression, validation, & love of self...not to mention the love we have for our naturally healthy hair. Whatever you decide to do just be happy doing it...don't do it for others it has to be strictly for you...own it, love it...nappy, straight, or tamed. Why perm it? Why not flat iron occasionally? Remember our hair has a lot of versatility, they envy our hair...Smooches
I really want braids but they wont stay more than one hour after being done! Any advice?
- You need to use a heavier pomade, not a gel. Also, cornrowing close to the scalp will make the braids last longer. There are some styles that begin with cornrows, which anchor the braids better than a two or three-strand braid at the root. Now, back to the pomade: Murray's is good or try a locking gel. Hope that helps.
- You probably need something like a styling gel, only not as heavy. I suggest making the flax-seed gel in the "files" on this page. It's quick and easy, and it makes the best styling gel you've ever used.
U can still stay funky with a fro !
Out with the bad, in with the new
New years eve, 2013, I decided to cut all the perm out of my hair. I had some reservations, but at the time, I was so tired of my hair breaking and having to perm my hair every 2-3 months. Being worried about swimming and getting my hair wet. Also, being 45, my roots wear growing out white, and my hair was dark brown. I knew I couldn't continue to perm and dye my hair. It was only causing more damage.
So that night, just before midnight, I stood in the mirror and just started whacking it off. I cut it all the way down to the roots and dyed it blonde. I was determined to get my hair back healthy and at the same time ( Stay Fly). I had to become super confident in myself quickly.
During my journey I'm learning what I need to do.
Black hair is very sensitive depending on the texture. Through watching info-mercials, make over and hair salon reality shows, like ( L.A. Hair). I started picking up different tips.
The few that stood out the most where:
1. If you are going to perm your hair, it's not a good idea to dye it. All that does is strip the hair and cause more damage, due to all the chemicals. So you should really only do one or the other. Dye it or perm it but you can't do both. If your going grey like me, I would dye and not perm.
2. I figured out as my hair began to grow out , that perming my hair wasn't even necessary. If I wanted to go strait, all I had to do was blow it out and flat iron it.
3. Keep your scalp clean. I usually wash my hair at least once a week, sometimes twice depending on the amount of gel or spritz I use. This keep the follicles healthy, and allows your hair to breath therefore promoting growth.
4. Moisture, moisture, moisture, is key. I have a couple different techniques II use to do this.
- I mix various conditioners together. Using those that focus on strengthening and preventing breakage. Massage through my hair daily.
- Light hair grease such as B&B or Sulfur 8 either added to my conditioner mix or applied directly to my scalp.
- I keep a spray bottle with me filled with a combination of water and high protein oils: such as olive oil, mineral oil and peanut oil. I spray it on my hair whenever I feel it drying out. This is really good for hot days when the sun can make your hair really dry and brittle. You can even fill small bottles to carry with you. Like you would do with make-up, lipstick, or perfume.
- Try to always rap your hair up at night. I don't always, But it will help prevent breakage.
Need a quick go-to style when your natural hair won't behave? Check out these three quick and easy styles for bad hair days, and reclaim your mornings. http://tribecalledcurl.com/ep-3-lazy-naturals-3-easy-styles-bad-natural-hair-days/
— with Joy Layne.
My hair is cut and styled various lengths all over my head,I believe if my hair is not in the awkward stage which is after a TWA or medium length which is after the awkward stage meaning I can pull my hair and it almost touches my shoulder, than to me I still have a TWA, and I never wear a ponytail. You can still be considered a TWA and do twist outs and etc.
I use Revlon colorsilk because it actually leave my hair in better condition than before I colored it. I don't have any breakage or damage. And I strongly recommend it for coloring.
Just a few natural looks
- Do you think natural hair is here to stay or a trend that will give way at some point? Why?
Its not a trend. We were born with natural hair. I believe more women will start embracing it and follow suit. Who wants to keep rocking damaged hair.
It amazes me when I hear people refer to it as a "trend". There are a lot of women that have decided to stop chemically treating their hair... that is NOT a trend... it's just each one reach one..
- What do you enjoy most about having natural hair?
It's cheaper! And I don't have to run at the first sign of rain (unless it's pouring lol).
The versatility and the health benefits.
I love my texture, the versatility and the "FUNNESS". It has it's own personality... that ENTIRELY matches mine!!
The lady at the store i bought this from said if you have dry hair it's best to oil your hair before and of course use a good conditioner, and i'm like, oh i so got this XD.
Silver is not just for the older women anymore as we see more younger women and celebrities show us just how gorgeous the right silver can look on any woman. The versatility of silver is endless, as silver can pull in blonde, gold, blue, and lilac; not the harsh Crayola colors but subtle colors are a safe and beautiful bet. Don’t snooze on the silver curlies.
For those that don't know your hair type..here is a guide to help...I advise to Google the hair type...you can also find suggestions on products that are recommended..from most expensive on the market to DIY.
Help!!! I have an 18 month old with very thick and curly hair. When I was her hair hair I always have to deal with so much lint after I wash it. It's always on
Attention my 4C sisters who are frustrated with your hair. No need to be frustrated anymore there are solutions to your hair issues. Your first goal is to get y
So Ive been Locked since August 2012 just want to Share my Growth My hair was very fine and Curly when i 1st started and now its so thick I love My Locs the La
What could I use for my hair it is so dry?????
- Coconut oil , or try the lock method when you wash it L - liquid like a leave in conditioner , or water - oil- your favorite one, and then follow up with C cream like a curling cream or Shea butter based cream or any favorite hair cream and it will seal in all the moisture. Hope this helps !
- What is your REAL hair type? (pic heavy) - Black Hair Media Forum - Page 1
We come in all shapes, sizes and colors... and our hair comes in all shapes, widths and textures....
Luv her color
Hot oil treatments are important
Luv his locks
hello ladies I wanted bring attention about the LOIS system I notice on here and a lot of others places a lot of people are still using the Andre Walker system as a way of finding out your hair type when actually it only helps with finding out your CURL PATTERN NOT HAIR TYPE. I did this as well and little did I know I still struggle when I found out my curl pattern that's because our curl pattern does little to help us know what to use and what not to use for our hair and how our hair behaves the LOIS SYSTEM goes more into details I have learn about POROSITY, STRAND DIAMETER/ SIZE, TEXTURE, CURL PATTERN,AND DENSITY. A lot of people get caught up on the texture part lol here is a website to help also youtube is good help as well!!!
Who cares ?????????
Lord forgive me but I don't really care if I'm a 4a or 3c as long as my hair is healthy I'm good. I'm sick of lady's worrying about they hair type. Lady's we are sexy with 4c or 3a hair. Enjoy each phase of your hair growth dang the curl pattern. Now please enjoy the rest of your day.