Natural Beet Root Lip & Cheek Stain
Banish the chemicals
There are thousands of chemicals and parts of animals hidden in cosmetics. These compounds are soaked into our system and stay unwelcome for far longer than wanted. For example the red color from our modern lipstick can come from pure iron oxide (iron rust), or is derived from crushed beetles and various bugs (yuck!). So let's do it like the ancient Greek women used to and go natural. In ancient Greece, women would use beet juice and strawberry juice to give themselves a rosy glow.
Benefits of using beet juice on skin
- Reduces inflammation of the skin~ beet juice is excellent for keeping inflammation at bay. It greatly reduces redness and swelling caused by pimples and acne.
- Delays aging~ beets are known for being filled with antioxidants and are a spectacular way to keep fine lines and wrinkles at bay. It works well to fight free radicals (nasty little atoms or molecules that age us quicker) which keeps the skin from being damaged. Lycopene, a compound found in beets, helps maintain the elasticity of skin.
- Complexion improvements~ due to the detoxifying effect of beets, it helps in removing toxins and impurities naturally, thus cleansing the blood. It helps in gently exfoliating dead skin cells to give you clean and radiant skin.
- Beet juice is rich in iron and vitamins reducing dark spots and pigmentation often found on those who have mature skin.
- Using a double boiler or the microwave, gently heat the oil and beeswax. Add beet root powder and stir well. (Don't worry if the mixture seems to separate, it will bind once cooled)
- Add to a clean container and allow to cool before using. You can place it in the freezer for 20 minutes to ensure minimum cooling time.
- 2Tbs Almond Oil
- 1Tbs Beeswax, grated
- 1tsp Beet root powder