Natural Hair Conditioning Rinse
Hair rinses for various types of hair
Once you are ready to switch to the natural baking soda shampoo, you will be wondering about conditioners. Yes there are conditioners. There are three specifially that you can use for dry, normal and oily hair to assist as your scalp adjusts to the "no 'poo" routine.
If you have dry hair, honey and water is the way to go. For normal hair, apple cider vinegar is fantastic. For those with light hair or very oily hair, lemon juice is a great help (although if you have dark hair and you are using lemon juice, make sure to rinse thoroughly, as lemon juice will lighten your hair).
- 1/4 cup Honey OR Lemon Juice OR Apple Cider Vinager
- 4 Cups Water
- Mix 1/4 cup of active ingredient - honey for dry hair; lemon for oily hair; apple cider vinegar for normal hair with 4 cups of water.
- Keep in the refrigerator for freshness and shake before each use.
- Use one cupped palm full (2 for longer hair) and concentrate on massaging into scalp.
- Rinse thoroughly (especially lemon juice rinse as it will lighten your hair when exposed to sun)