9 Best Natural Home Made Facial Masks for Acne Scars and Dark Spots
Acne is one of the most troublesome skin disorder. It is not only painful at times but can even spoil the beauty of the face. If left untreated the situation may gets worsen leading to acute acne infection too.
Almost every one of us may spend lots of money for buying the best or the most effective acne cream in the hope of getting rid of acne. Though these creams works but one can never be sure as to which will work and which won’t. However there are various homemade face masks for acne which can help you to get rid of acne naturally and thereby get a blemish free skin.
Some of the Causes of Acne
Acne can be a serious malaise if left untreated. But more important aspect is that one should try not to get acne at all. There are some essential factors to take into account so as to prevent acne from occurring.
- Basically acne occurs due to faulty diet and lifestyle. When we eat more of faulty foods like pizza, burger, chips etc they become a leading factor in causing acne. So, if you are suffering from acute acne, make sure you stay away from such foods.
- Dehydration too might be a cause of acne. Most of the time due to lack of water in the body, acne or pimples may come out. Drink plenty of water because it helps your body to get rid of unwanted toxins and thereby keeps the skin clean and clear.
- Sometimes, we go to bed without washing the face. This too might be a cause of acne. At times due to the leftover makeup on your face or due to dirt on the skin, acne might occur. So, always clean your face before going to bed.
- Avoid using soap on the face, rather go for face wash which are soft on the skin. Facial cleansers are said to be mild on the skin and hence it is better to use them.
- Pricking or squeezing your pimples is a big no no. This could sometimes lead to the infection getting spread to other parts of the skin too. Never touch the acne.
1. Strawberry Mask for Acne Treatment:
Strawberries contain salicylic acid which is in fact found in most of the acne medicines too. So, instead of using these costly medicines why not just make a strawberry mask for treating acne?
What you need is just fresh strawberries and non flavoured yoghurt in equal quantities. Just mash the strawberries and mix them with the yoghurt to make it into a fine paste. Apply it evenly on your face. Wash after 10 minutes. Do this regularly and over a period of time your acne will disappear.
2. Homemade Clay Mask for Acne Marks
Clay masks works wonders for your skin because of its soothing properties. You can find the basic green clay in the local food store and make sure you are buying the powdered form of clay. Just add little water or add milk to it. Add one teaspoon of honey to the paste and apply on the face. Once the clay dries remove it with the help of washcloth.
3. Egg Yolk Mask for Dark Spots
It is surely one of the easiest acne treatment methods. You just need to separate egg white from the yolk. Whip the egg whites in a bowl nicely. Wash your face and apply it on your face. Leave the face pack on your face for around 20 minutes and then with warm water wash your face. It will lead to tightening of the skin and also lead to removal of acne and pimples.
4. Oatmeal Mask for Acne Free Skin
This is regarded as an effective acne treatment. You just need to blend some oatmeal and mix water to it. Leave it on the skin till the face pack dries, and then rinse off. It will also help to give you a fair skin apart from helping to get rid of acne.
5. Aspirin Mask for Pimple Free Skin
Aspirin Facial Mask helps to give a you a pimple free skin. Apart from pimples cure, aspirin also helps to reduce redness from the face and gives you a clean skin. It can even be used for getting rid of blackheads. Aspirin basically contains salicylic acid which is one of the best when it comes to reducing acne spots and acne. Just take aspirin in a bowl and make it into powder form. Now add few drops of water to it, to make a paste. Apply this paste on the affected area and leave for around 10 minutes, Then Wash off.
6. Tea Tree Oil Face Mask for Acne Spots
Tea tree oil is known to be antibacterial in nature thus considered effective for acne spots. Tea tree oil facial mask helps you get rid of redness and scars. Since tea tree oil is quite concentrated so it is best to mix it with witch hazel and apply on pimples and acne spots. You can even mix the oil with your moisturizer and apply on the face too. This will help you get rid of dark marks if used over a period of time.
7. Carrot Face Mask for Acne Scars
Carrots are said to be rich in vitamin A. They are quite effective in reducing redness, inflammation and scars caused by acne. Just mash a carrot well and add some flour to it. Mix both of them well. Apply this paste on your face and leave for 15 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water.
8. Peppermint Face Mask for Dark Spots from Acne
Peppermint is known to prevent inflammation and burning sensation caused due to pimples and acne. In order to prepare a face mask from peppermint, just take a few leaves and grind them well. Now apply this paste on your face and wash after 10-15 minutes. This face mask will leave your skin cool and refreshed too.
9. Pumpkin Face Mask for Acne Treatment
Pumpkins are good not only to eat but also help in treating your acne too. It is said to be a good source of vitamin E and C, apart from being rich in zinc. In order to make a pumpkin facial mask, just take pumpkin puree in a bowl and add to it egg white and add 1 tbsp of olive oil. Mix them well and leave on the face fr 15 minutes. Rinse with Lukewarm Water.
Worth Buying Facial Masks
Foods for acne prone skin
- If you are suffering from severe acne problem then it matter a lot as to what you are eating in your diet. It is recommended that you should go for more of fruits and green leafy vegetables in your diet.
- Try to include more of Omega 3 fatty acids rich foods. Fish like salmon are known to possess anti inflammatory properties and hence very effective in treating acne.
- You can also opt for walnuts, flaxseeds and beans in your diet.
- If you are suffering from poor digestion which too might be an essential cause of acne then try to take dietary supplements.
- Apple cider vinegar is also effective in treating acne, so include it in your diet.
- If you are taking alcohol in large quantities then try to reduce the amount.
- Instead of taking white bread it is better to take wholemeal bread because apart from being nutritious it is helpful to treat acne too.
- In the fruits, you should eat more of apples, bananas and strawberries.
- In your food, it is better to include ginger and garlic because they are said to be the best natural antibiotics.
Of Course there are various other facial masks which too you may try for getting rid of dark spots, but I hope you liked this post and would love to share it with your friends on facebook, twitter and pinterest. But please do give your views in the comment box below, i would love to listen to you all. Thanks for Stopping By, Have a Great Week!!
- How To Use Body Butter to Get Soft Skin
Body butters like shea butter, cocoa butter are known to make your skin soft and shiny. However there are many more benefits of using body butters which you will know in this hub- how it can be used.
- Best Under Eye Products
Best Under Eye Products to fight signs of wrinkles, fine lines, puffy eyes. Know which are the best eye creams which will make your eyes brighter and refreshing.
- Home Made Face Mask for Acne Scars
Home made face masks for acne scars helps in getting rid of acne in natural way by using products like lemon juice, baking soda, apple cider vinegar. You just need to apply these face packs regulalry.
- How to Treat Dark Underarms and Armpits at Home
Dark underarms and armpits can be most embarrassing for you if you prefer to wear sleeveless dresses, read to know underarms whitening creams and natural remedies for whitening your armpits.