Natural Home Made Remedies For Acne Scars
Acne Scars Are The Unwelcome Reminder Of Past Acne Breakouts
Acne irritation - Talk about a double whammy.
First you have to put up with having pimples in the first place and then afterwards you are left with the scar just to remind you of it, brilliant.
Pimples, spots, acne, or whatever you would like to call it, happens when the pores on the skin become plugged with oil and dead skin cells.. sounds appealing doesn't it ??
Basically a plugged pore is the perfect place for bacteria to grow and create those very attractive red bumps and pus-filled red bumps known as pimples.
Luckily not all pimples leave us with that horrible reminder we call a scar.
Its useful to know that pimples/acne comes in different forms:
- Mild acne, which refers to the whiteheads or blackheads that most of us get at various times.
- Moderate acne, which includes red inflamed pimples called papules and red pimples with white centers called pustules.
- Severe acne, which causes nodules painful, pus-filled cysts or lumps to appear under the skin.
Cringing already ? Yes pimple are not the most welcoming sight in the best of times let alone in the form of a puss-filled cyst.
The most likely chance for scarring to occur is with more severe acne compared to others, but also when you pick and squeeze pimples that's just increasing the chance of scarring - so next time you want to squeeze it just think of the damage it can do and if you want to risk having the after mark. I think I'll pass thanks.
Most of the time, those reddish or brownish acne marks that are left behind after a pimple eventually fade with no need for treatment. But then again sometimes they are there to stay. Don't stress it, there is a way to get rid of those marks.
Before you start counting your pennies's to see if you can afford some special doctors treatment, I'll let you in on a little secret, you can make it yourself in the comfort of your own home.
Several natural substances have been scientifically proven as an effective treatment for acne scars :
- Calophyllum oil: made from seeds of a Tahitian tree, this is used in oil blends designed to calm, soothe, and heal skin
- Galbanam oil: from the Iranian flowering plant, it is used in blended oil treatments that combat inflammation and heal scar tissue on skin
- Lavender oil: from the lavender plant, this essential oil is added to base oils used to treat acneic skin
Once you can get your head around the names of the oils, ill let you know how to use them to reduce and remove those scars.
Acne Serum Recipe
To make this magical serum it's as easy as blending 15 drops each of galbanam and lavender oils with one ounce of calophyllum oil. Just remember to clean your face and use a cotton swab or ball to apply a small amount to acne scars. Let the oil absorb into the skin before applying moisturizers or make up.
Liking the sound if this already? Another good one to not only reduce acne scarring but also red veins and fights signs of aging.
All it is, is a blend of nine special oils.
Combine one ounce each of rose hip and argan oils with three drops each of carrot seed and rose oils, two drops each of frankincense, myrrh, neroli, and sandalwood oils, and one drop of patchouli oil.
Shake prior to use and apply to clean skin.
They say Rome wasn't built in a day, so don't think that one application of these serums will magically make them disappear. Be patient and with daily use of the serum it speeds the healing process to reduce the appearance of scarring.
There are so many different home remedies to use for acne problems
and to save yourself hours of internet searching you can find many more natural acne remedies to treat acne bacteria, reduce redness and clear up acne scars in "The Complete Acne Book" for more acne serums, cleansers and homemade acne masks.
Trust me, you don't have to live with having to worry about pimple scarring on top of everything else you have to deal with. Save your self the time, the money and the stress and pick up your guide to have clean skin.
Coconut Oil Stretchmark and Acne Scar Recipe
Coconut Oil Acne Scar and Stretchmark Oil
This is so nourishing and healing for skin particularly for acne and stretchmarks :
- ¼ cup Jojoba oil or Almond oil
- ¼ cup extra virgin coconut oil (I prefer or Nutiva) Natures way
- 10 drops Carrot seed oil (antioxidant and healing plus regenerative properties for scars)
- 2 tablespoons rose hip oil (great for scars and stretch marks)
- 10 drops Calophyllum (Tamanu) oil or sea buckthorn oil for their regenerative properties
- Optional fragrance oils (orange, neroli or ylang ylang)
Blend well and massage into skin. Lightens and smooths scars and helps skin rebuild new collagen. Recipe created from the The Complete Acne Book.
Easy Recipes, Fast Results That Work!
BRAND NEW: Updated for 2014 with the latest research, top Acne questions answered and the Best Natural Acne Treatments you can make and use at home!
This is not just your average mediocre DIY acne remedy book - it's a complete comprehensive acne treatment and acne compendium and guide.