- Fashion and Beauty»
- Hairstyles, Cool Cuts, How to Style Your Hair
Homemade Natural Shampoo - DIY
Do not pay for many chemicals the manufacturers of your shampoo add to let them appealing to you. Make your own favored natural shampoo by mixing natural products with a gentle soap, for the purpose you want at a small fraction of what you pay today. Check the label of your most liked product which you feel it works best for you and see whether it is, for normal, dry, oily hair, or combat dandruff, and make your quality shampoo from the recipes and tips that will follow.
The recipes are carefully chosen to meet your needs, but you should feel like a beauty pioneer embarking a new adventure that costs a little and saves you a lot of money and risks. Use any of your preferred oils, like Olive, Sesame, Almond, Coconut, Avocado or Jojoba oil, you can also add your favored essential oils.
Natural Shampoo Ingredients and How to Deal with
- Do not make large patches because they will need preservatives, and these may cause hypersnsitivity to some skins
- If your shampoo contains dairy products or the similar (milk & eggs), store them for 1 week in the fridge
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate or Sodium Laureth Sulfate (SLS) can cause dryness in certain individuals (most African Americans)
- Do not ever use Garlic and Onion repeatedly on your head, they cause thinning of the hair and predispose it to fall
- Clean your old shampoo bottles and use it for packaging
Excellent Hair Masks
Natural Shampoo Base
Ingredients when using Liquid Soap
1/2 cup water
1/2 cup liquid Castile Soap
1 teaspoon corn or other light vegetable oil (Do not add it if the recipe contains oils)
Mix all ingredients then pour them into a shampoo bottle.
Ingredients when using solid soap:
- 1 bar soap (140 g, grated)
- 1 quart water
- Additives within 70 g (4-5 TSP) oil, and manageable amounts of other additives
- Heat the soap in water until dissolved, and then mix other ingredients. You can put all ingredients in a blender and mix vigorously until you obtain a homogenous mixture.
- Use of solid soap add more stability to your shampoo, thanks to its additives
- Keep in mind that the big companies test, you should test to master it, the simple rule is 1 part oil+ 2 parts soap + 4 parts water to make the base which is then diluted with water.
- If oil increases, add a grain or so of baking soda or borax
- Plants add volume to your shampoo thanks to its content of cellulose, companies add a hell of cheap chemicals to add a volume
- If you master it, you can take the avantage of a large number of solid soap varieties, containing all imaginable herbs
Natural Shampoo for Dry, Brittle, and Coarse Hair
Many African Americans have this type of hair, generally for any one having this hair type, SLS (present in many shampoo brands) causes dryness of their hair.
- 4 Banana peels
- 1 TBS Mayonnaise
- 1 bar grated castile soap
- 1 TSP powdered borax
- 1 TSP glycerin
- 1 quart water
- Dry the banana peels until it can be made into a powder
- Heat the soap in water until dissolved
- Add other ingredients and mix
- You can substitute liquid lecithin (1 TSP) or egg yolk for Mayonnaise
Natural Shampoo to Prevent Hair fall
1 TBS Pomegranate peel dried
1 TBS Henna extract
1 TBS Aloe vera gel
1 TBS Ginger powder
1/2 TBS Capsicum powder
2 TBS Olive oil
Add these ingredients to 1 Liter of the shampoo you've made. You can macerate the capsicum powder in Olive oil for 1-2 days.
Natural Dandruff Shampoo
Chamomile oil 15 drops
Lemon oil 15 drops
Thyme oil 15 drops
Tea tree oil 15 drops
Add these essential oils to 1/4 Liter (about 8 fl.oz) of your natural shampoo
Natural shampoo for Oily Hair
2 fresh Lemons peel
2 fresh Oranges peel
2 fresh Grapes fruit peel
3 tsp lemon juice
3 tsp orange juice
1 bar grated soap
1 Liter water
Blend all ingredients until you have a homogenous mixture
All Natural Shampoo
1/2 cup Chamomile flowers
1/2 cup Feverfew flowers
1/2 cup Cut roses
1 bar grated soap
2 tbs corn oil
* you can add any favored flowers
Blend all the ingredients until you get a homogenous mixture
Natural Shampoo Conditioner
1 TSP Almond oil
15 drops lavender oil
15 drops Rose oil
1 TBS Honey
Mix all and add to 1 liter of natural shampoo that you've already made.
Color Protect Natural Shampoo
1 TBS Pomegranate seeds
1 TBS Bilberries
1 TBS Sunflower oil
1/2 TSP Vitamin E oil
Add these ingredients to 1 pint natural shampoo. You need antioxidants to prevent fading, they help protect hair from environmental assaults.
Volumizing natural shampoo
1 TBS Wheat protein
1 TBS Soy protein
1 TSP Guarana berry extract
Mix these ingredients to 1 pint of natural shampoo.
wheat and soy proteins coat each hair fiber, expanding the hair shaft, together with guarana berry which stimulate the sculp, they add moisture and gloss to hair and protect it from heat damage.
Natural Shampoo to Fight Lice
1/2 TSP Anise oil
1/2 tsp Parsley oil
Add the ingredients to 1 pint natural shampoo. You may replace the oils with seeds or veegetables, 2 TSP of seeds instead of 1/2 tsp oil, or 1 TBS of fresh vegetable intead of 1/2 TSP oil. The herbs are killers and propellents for lice, and the lanolin will dissolve their eggs.
- Strawberry for Hair - The Red Defender of your Hair
- Other Benefits of Carrier Oils
Carrier oils are oils of low or no scent used to dilute more pungently aromatic oils or blends used for massage or aromatherapy . They are also known as base oil, vegetable oil, or fixed oils to differentiate...
- Dandruff Cure Remedy
If you comb or brush your hair, or scratch your sculp and find shiny, silvery scales falling like snowflakes and settle on the eyebrows, shoulders, and clothes or you find lumps or crusts on the sculp, then...