Natural ways to clear the skin fast.
is'it annoying to have those persiistent breakouts, or even worse acne??
i know it is.....it sometimes gets to our heads and we feel we deserve less and low self esteem hits hard.i'm here to help.
Heard of the saying you are what you eat ? Well, our diet plays the most important role in determining the status of our skin.
One of the major mistakes we make when taking care of our skin is that,we concentrate so much on what we apply rather than what we eat.
Before i share my diet routine with you,i want to explain the basics of good skin science(stay with me) so that you'll understand how the substances in my routine diet help with the skin.
The essential nutrients for skin nourishment include:
- antioxidants-they are;
- Vitamin A:the highest amount can be acquired from fermented cod liver oil.This is cheap compared to the expensive vitamin A creams out there.vitamin A helps in the formation of new skin cells.
- Vitamin C:the highest amount is acquired from citrus fruits.oranges lemons etc.These can be easily incorporated in one's diet,in fruit juices,smoothies,lemonades etc. It helps in production of collagen.
- Vitamin E:the highest amount is found in almond nuts and walnuts.other sources include spinach, avocado, fish,shrimp,tofu etc.
- zinc-the highest amount is in sea foods especially oysters,other sources include wheat germ (toasted).it works in hand with vitamin c in the production of collagen.
- omega-3 fatty acids-the highest amount is found in cod liver oil.It helps keep the skin cells intact and strong.making the skin impenetrable by pollutants and external toxins.
So here is my awaited diet routine for clear skin as promised.
- First thing in the morning i take a cup of warm lemon water.this is rich in vitamin c.
- During the day my snack is either nuts (mostly cashew,walnuts and macadamia) or chocolate with almonds and my drink is a green smoothie with spinach .Very rich in Vitamin E as well as zinc.
- Most importantly before i sleep i take 2 teaspoons of cod liver oil. source of vitamin A and omega-3 fats.
Try out my diet routine and tell me how it goes.
When your skin clears and its perfect don't forget to protect it using sunscreen.