Necklace Buying Tips
Necklace is an important part of any dressing. So, understanding its basics will definitely help at the time of its purchase. If a buyer has an idea that what kind of necklace will look good on her, then it will without doubt make her selection task easier, faster and enjoyable.
Things to Consider
It is important to consider following aspects while choosing a necklace:
- Body Structure of the person
- Type of occasion
- Kind of dress
1) Body Structure
- A light-weight and delicate necklace blends really well with a skinny and slight body frame. On the contrary, a chunky necklace - with bright and big gemstones in it - looks good on a bulky body.
- It must be kept in mind that choker looks good on a long and slender neck, but should be avoided on broad and short neck. In fact, choker covers a short neck to such an extent that it creates an illusion of wearer being of shorter height.
2) Type of Occasion
- Choker and collar necklaces are little heavy and dressy, so these should be considered on traditional occasions only, and should be avoided in formal events. Read more about different types of necklaces.
- Long necklaces - like Opera or Lariate - can be worn on both formal and casual occasions, and add a glamor quotient to the overall personality. These necklaces can be wrapped around the neck in any creative manner, and the result is - unique and eye-grabbing look.
3) Kind of Dress
Knowing in advance, that what kind of dress will be worn with necklace, helps in choosing a perfect piece.
- If it's an off-shoulder or a deep-neckline dress, then choker or collar necklace will blend beautifully with it. But, these necklaces will not suit on a high neckline dress.
- Evening gown can be complemented with a collar necklace, while a traditional and ethnic wear will go well with a choker.
- Opera and Lariate look wonderful on a high neckline dress.
- If someone wants to play around with a pearl or gemstone bead string, then remember that color of the string should be in contrast to the color of dress. This will augment the visibility and beauty of the string.
Check the tabular summary of above-mentioned selection criteria:
Want to Play Safe?
There are many people who are not sure about which style will suite them. So, for them princess necklace will be the safest option. It looks good on every type of body, and perfectly suits formal as well as casual events.
Also, at times people are not aware or well-verse with latest trends, but still look for something girly that can be worn day-in and day-out. In that case, they can look into different alternatives - like heart necklace, flower necklace, cross-pendant necklace, horse-shoe necklace, circle necklace and 3-stone necklace. These necklaces are good options for everyday wear and blend with most of the outfits.
So, keeping these selection aspects in mind, buyers can beyond any doubt reduce the chances of being returning unhappy or dis-satisfied with their necklace purchase.