Newspaper Nail Art
Newspaper nail art is one of the most easiest nail art that you can do without your nail tools. If you are a beginner or just starting on nail art, this is a great nail art to learn. Also, you can extrapolate this technique and use it to stamp some intricate designs on newspapers on your nails .
Things you will need :
1. Light colored nail polish - Not necessary to have white/grey color. Personally, I feel white as boring. You will be able to see in the photograph how even the sea green color looks good if you are want to do a nail art. Basically, you want to use a light colored nail polish where the newsprint is visible.
2. Newspaper with medium size print - Tiny letters do not look good and they give a crowded messy look. Opt for medium sized print.
3. Isopropyl Alchohol- I use Vodka.I was told water also works but I find it messy. Maybe because my nail paint isn't water resistant , idk
That's it. Simple , right?
Steps to get Newspaper Nails
1. Protect your nails with a base coat.
2. Paint the nails with the desired nail paint . Allow it to dry.
3. Now, cut the newspaper print into thin longitudinal sections so that they fit the nail bed perfectly. You don't need to be perfect. If the print gets around and outside the nail bed, you can easily get rid of it using a q tip dipped in nail polish remover.
4. Take a newspaper section and dip it into Isopropyl Alcohol.
5. Press it over your nails to transfer the print over to your nails
6. Repeat over all nail beds
7. Paint your nails with top coat to get a neater and shinier look
And you are done !
It is a great nail art for beginnners who are getting started on nail art. Share with me your thoughts on newspaper nail art !!