- Fashion and Beauty»
- Body Art, Tattoos & Piercing
Nose Piercing Jewelry
Ring in the nose is one among important details in style of modern and progressive people who are able to think unordinary and uncompromising.
Types of body jewelry for nose piercing
There are two types of body jewelry for nose piercing:
- nose screw
- nose stud
Principally they differ only by the way of fastening. “Nose stud” has a ball in shape of a small drop on one end, which holds jewelry on its spot and “nose screw” is curl, which tightly and securely holds jewelry in its spot.
Advantage of a “nose stud” is that it may be easily inserted and taken out. However, a piercing should not be of a bigger diameter than the diameter of jewelry (usually it is 1mm).
Advantage of a “ nose screw” is that it holds up securely in any piercing and does not turn around, which is very important if jewelry does not have a round form.
Body jewelry for nose piercing usually is made of surgical steal, silver or gold.
The most popular spot for nose piercing is one of nostrils. It is possible to locate piercing in any spot along the whole length of the nostril. Owner chooses a piercing spot him/her self.
Nose Piecing Features
Masters say that nostril piercing is the most difficult one, because it is difficult to calculate the length of body jewelry. Usually steel tubes are used with nose piercing. Depending of a spot, your piercing may heal over from five days to two months. Comparing to the ear piercing, nose piercing is very painful one to do.
Nose piercing types
- Septum piercing. This piercing is known as the most painful among all piercings on the face. Anastasia would not help in this case, since cartilage’s septa would not freeze totally. Such nose puncture is technically complicated and you should not do it at home. Jewelry in a shape of hooves or rings is often used with septa piercing.
- Bridge piercing is the piercing in the bridge of the nose area. There are horizontal and vertical punctures. Bar is jewelry for this type of piercing.
- Tip of the nose piercing is done from inside of the upper part of a nostril toward the tip of the nose.
- Austin Bar piercing is a piercing of the tip of the nose horizontally. Cartilage’s septum is not touched with this type of piercing.
- Septril piercing - lower side of nose’s tip is punctured. It is done on the centre through the wider piercing of septum in direction toward the lower edge of the nose.
There are different combinations besides those listed types of piercing.
Nose Piercing Types Photo
What type of Nose Piercings you like?
Nose Piercing Care
Care procedure is as usual, treatment with antiseptic twice a day. Even from a medical point of view, nose piercing is technically not a difficult thing. However, nobody is secure from possible complications. It does not matter if you get it at home or in a salon. Every person has his/her own anatomical peculiarities. There are contradictories when it is not recommended to get a piercing.
Piercing is in some way a psychic trauma; therefore, a list of contradictions starts with people who have epilepsy and psychic disorders. It is not recommended to get a piercing for women in premenstrual period and during pregnancy.
Nose Piercing Links
- Nose Piercing Care
Nose piercing is quite attractive and may underline face since the nose is its most sticking out part; Leonardo da Vinci said that nose creates a character of the whole face. The first mentioning about nose piercing is seen in the Near East in the Bo
- Nose Piercing Process
Nose piercing is a piercing of the skin and/or cartilage in any part of the nose in order to wear jewelry in the future. Among all piercing types, nose piercing is on the second place of being popular after the lobe of the ear piercing. There are man