- Fashion and Beauty»
On Sale at Dillard's
You can easily find the most desirable trends for a deep discount at Dillard’s. I love shopping at Dillard’s despite their poor customer service. Dillard’s is a mid-upscale department store located in 29 states in the United States; corporate offices are in Little Rock, Arkansas.
Designers available to Dillard’s are Ugg Australia, Coach, Brahmin, Dooney and Burke, Nike, Ralph Lauren, Spanx, Natori, Penguin, Michael Kors, Donald Pliner, Joe’s Jeans, and so much more. Dillard’s house collections such as Gianni Bini, Antonio Melani and Murano are just as fashion appealing as any other designer.
The splendor of Dillard’s is you can look like a designer fashionista for a mere fraction of the price! Below are strategic ways to own the designs you want for a much lower price tag then the retail msrp.
1. EVERYTHING that Dillard’s receives (with the exception of cosmetics, fragrances and some home appliances) will eventually get MARKED DOWN. Merchandise will first be marked down to 25% off then 40% off and finally it will be reduced to 65% off! (As of 2011, Dillard’s will only allow three days from date of purchase to return 65% off merchandise, so make sure you absolutely love your clearance find!)
2. Additional % off Markdowns! Every last week of the month except during the holidays, Dillard’s will have a limited time sale where there is an additional % off permanent markdowns! A permanent markdown is indicated with a pink price tag. The sale will begin on a Wednesday and is exclusive to card holders. On Thursday, the sale is open to the public. The sale will end that Saturday. Expect an additional 30-40% off markdown prices. The sale is also available online at their website during the same time. Anticipate shipping charges with online purchases. www.Dillards.com
3. January 1st! On New Year’s the doors open early at 8 a.m. This sale is amazing! There will be an additional 50% off markdowns! This is the time to buy handbags! Coats are normally excluded this day even though they have normally been markdown to 30-40% off msrp. Dillard’s will advertise this sale in the local newspaper the day of the event and online. Expect to arrive a little early to wait in the parking lot to ensure you get first pick. The event is somewhat chaotic but well worth it!
4. End of Season Shoe Sale! Biannually, Dillard’s has a massive shoe sale where seasonal shoes are markdown at 65% off! There are awesome buys at these events for great prices! The event usually last about 4 weeks or until their inventory is depleted. At the end of the sale there will be an additional % off! Sometimes there are shoes that I cannot chance their availability until the additional % off sale so I often buy the shoes at 65% off. Be sure to check back every few days for different shoe selections. Dillard’s will often only stock the clearance shoe racks with a few styles at a time. They do this to help prevent employees from having to go search in the back for a size or color for a customer.
5. SEMI-ANNUAL BRA and PANTY SALE! Just like Victoria Secret, Dillard’s has a semi-annual sale. Wacoal, Natori, Calvin Klein, Donna Karen and Spanx are some the designers that you will find in the bins organized by size. The semi-annual sale usually coincides with the Victoria Secret sale. Again, this sale will also intercept an additional % off sale! Natori bra’s can often be found for $10!
These are a few ways you can easily shop at Dillard’s and find great deals year round! It is actually really easy to find those pretty designs your heart desires for nothing. I sometime will scout out the inventory online or at my local Dillard’s store for prospective buys when they go on sale. I can almost always buy my “to die for” shoes or dresses for a steal and frequently still be in season!
Steve Madden Sandals
Find a location near you
- Dillard's Store Locator
Click to find a Dillard's location near you.