- Fashion and Beauty»
- Vegan Fashion & Beauty
Origins Plantscription SPF 15 Anti-Aging Foundation Review
Packaging and Product Information.
The going price for a 1.0 fl. oz. bottle costs about $33.00. Like most of Origins product packaging, it is a (tan) squeeze bottle with a twist-off top.
Product Not Tested On Animals
Octinoxate 3%; Titanium Dioxide 1.4%;
Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Isocetyl Alcohol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isododecane, Wheat Germ Glycerides, Magnesium Sulfate, Tribehenin, Anogeissus Leiocarpus Bark Extract, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Lavnadula Angustifolia (Lavender) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Illicium Verum (Anise) Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Myristica Fragrans (Nutmeg) Kernel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Oil, Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Oil, Litsea Cubeba Fruit Oil, Hibiscus Abelmoschus Extract, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol, Limonene, Mimosa Tenufilora Bark Extract, Salvia Sclarea (Clary) Extract, Scutellaria Baicalensis Root Extract, Sigesbeckia Orientalis (St. Paul’s Wort) Extract, Foeniculum Vulgare (Fennel) Seed Extract, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Hordeum Vulgare (Barely) Extract, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Extract, Castanea Sativa (Chestnut) Seed Extract, Centaurium Erythraea (Centaury) Extract, Anthemis Nobilis (Chamomile) Flower Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethcone, Glycerin, Squalane, Polysilicone-11, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Cholesterol, Linoleic Acid, Ethylhexylglycerin, Methicone, Polymethylsilsesequiane, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Caffeine, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, Sorbitan Stearate, Aminopropyl Ascorbyl Phosphate, Trehalose, Triethyl Citrate, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Propylene Carbonate, Sorbitan Isostearate, Laureth-7, Maltodextrin, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Xanthan Gum, Alumina, Chloroxylenol, Phenoxyethanol
Pros and Cons
These are a few of my favorite things....
- The bottle is small enough to fit into just about any size purse, clutch, makeup bag, pouch, and most bags in general.
- Even though the packaging seems small for the price, it takes a very small amount to cover most areas. I would say use just a size smaller than a dime at a time. Pouring out too much too soon will not only waste your foundation but it also causes a huge mess due to the watery consistency.
- This foundation is very smooth and light, application and overall use.
What I did not like...
- One thing that absolutely drives me insane about Origins products in general is the squeeze bottle. The main reason I detest this is because usually with squeeze bottles the product will collect around the mouth and grow bacteria. Sometimes people apply it straight to the makeup brush which also transfers bacteria from the mouth of the bottle, to the brush, to your face, causing acne and breakouts.
- I've also recently noticed that although the foundation is light, it's also somewhat difficult to wash off. I would use some type of makeup remover before washing it off your face, otherwise it stays inside your pores. The foundation also seeps into the hairs of my brushes so I have to wash them more frequently or I get breakouts because of the buildup. I also wear glasses and it tends to rub off on the inside of my frames and part of the lense which is really irritating. Make sure your put a good powder on top to prevent any fallout.
I would highly suggest using a q-tip or cosmetic sponge as an application point, do not apply directly from the bottle to your brush.
- Also, as I mentioned before, the consistency is very watery and takes a couple minutes to completely dry. I do not necessarily dislike this, I was just caught off guard. The person who demonstrated it for me didn't warn me about how fluid the foundation actually is or tell me how to apply it myself, so I may have wasted a little at first applying too much.
Overall, I give this product 3 out of 5 stars. I love that its clean, only takes a small amount, and that the foundation has a smoothness that makes it feel and look natural on your skin.
BUT, once again, the bottle is a problem. I think Origins needs to look into making pump bottles.
Also, if they could figure out a way to keep it from rubbing off so easily, but that may just come with the ingredients being clean and different from other makeups that use more chemicals.
Other than that, it has lasted me over a month so far and I like it. :)
- Never touch the mouth of the bottle with your fingers or brush. Doing so can transfer bacteria and cause blemishes. This makeup is very clean on its own, the foundation itself has never cause me to have a breakout, but unsanitary application has. For smaller spots, squeeze a small amount onto a Q-Tip and apply to that area. Use a different side/Q-Tip for each specific spot you are trying to cover. If you are trying to apply all over, squeeze a dime amount onto a cosmetic sponge. Dab some on to your T Zone, under your eyes, your chin and red areas like the corners of your nose and mouth. Blend evenly with a brush.
- I usually wait 1-2 minutes for my foundation to set and then add a translucent powder on top. The color already matches my skin tone so I don't need any extra foundation powder.
- I will also add that it is usually a good idea to clean off your brushes at least once a week. Use cosmetic brush shampoo or anti bacterial soap. This foundation can build up in the bristles so I woI will also add that it is usually a good idea to clean off your brushes at least once a week. Use cosmetic brush shampoo or anti bacterial soap. This foundation can build up in the bristles so I would definitely take the extra mile to keep them clean, its worth it.
Origins Frothy Face Wash Review
- Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash Review
This is just a review for Origins Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash, some basic information about it as well as my personal overrall rating.
Origins Super Spot Remover
- Origins Super Spot Remover Review
My review of Origins Super Spot Remover, how I used it and how it worked for me. Reminder, what works for me may or may not work for you. I am just sharing my experience.