Perfect Shape Eyebrows - Eyebrow Shaping Guide
Achieving perfect eyebrows is a fantasy for many women, but it really is easier than you may think. Where do you start? Right here! Read on for tons of free eyebrow advice. From permanent eyebrow shaping to non-permanent eyebrow shaping, this article will help you decide which method of shaping your eyebrows is right for you.
Eyebrow Shaping Tips - Step One
The first step in figuring out your perfect eyebrow shape is to understand the basics.
- Nobody is born with perfect eyebrows. Every girl you see with perfect eyebrows has spent time working on them, I guarantee it.
- Celebrities pay lots of money to ensure their eyebrows are perfect. So, it can't hurt to take a look at celebrity eyebrow pictures to inspire you to find your perfect shape.
- Not everybody looks good with the same eyebrow shape. This is important to remember.
- Your perfect eyebrow shape almost exclusively depends on the following factors: your face shape, and your pair of eye's shape and size.
Eyebrow Shaping Tips - Selecting the Right Method for You!
Once you've figured out which style of eyebrows will suit your face, the next step is to figure out which method of eyebrow shaping will work best for you. Here are some different options:
Permanent Eyebrow Shaping
- Electrolysis - As far as I know, electrolysis is the only method of permanent eyebrow shaping. I got sick of plucking and waxing either at a salon or by myself, so I eventually had electrolysis done on my eyebrows. You can read all about my experience with electrolysis here and decide if it is the right option for you. Electrolysis for Eyebrows
Semi-Permanent Eyebrow Shaping
- Waxing - Waxing is a very popular form of eyebrow waxing that you can either do yourself or have done at a salon. It is semi-permanent because over a long period of time, your hair follicles will eventually stop trying to grow.
- Plucking - Plucking is another popular form eyebrow waxing that is easy enough to do at home on your own. Just like waxing, your hair follicles will eventually stop trying to grow. If you have a few stray eyebrow hairs, then it can be a great method, however if you're trying to get read of a uni-brow, the waxing is a more suitable, not to mention less-pain method of shaping your eyebrows.
Non-Permanent Eyebrow Shaping (Pain-free!)
Many people understandably have issues with shaping their eyebrows because of the pain involved. There are a few ways to shape your eyebrows without waxing, plucking or other painful methods. By combining the two methods below, you can give the appearance of neater, more shapely brows.
- Eyebrow gel - By using clear mascara or mascara that is close to your eyebrow color, you can use the mascara wand to gently shape and hold in place unruly hairs.
- Eyebrow pencils - If you want the appearance of fuller or more shapely eyebrows, then correctly using an eyebrow pencil can help you achieve this.
How to Use Eyebrow Gel - Learn how to use eyebrow gel.
How to Use Eyebrow Pencils - Learn how to use eyebrow pencils.
Eyebrow Shaping Basics
No matter what method you choose to achieve your perfect eyebrow shape, you'll want to follow these general guidelines:
- I'd recommend going to a salon to get your eyebrows waxed or plucked to establish a professional looking eyebrow shape. Once you've gone, simply pluck or wax the hairs at home to keep your professionally consulted eyebrow shape.
- Don't overpluck! Pencil thin eyebrows are usually not a look that people go for these days.
- Don't arch too much. Unless you want to looked scared or excited all the time, it's important to slightly arch your eyebrows, preferably right over your iris.
- If you have a uni-brow, you can clean it up by ensuring that your eyebrows don't go past the inside corner of your eyes.
Learn More About Eyebrow Shaping
- Perfect Eyebrows How To Guide Eyebrow Shaping, T...
Your guide to perfect eyebrows! Videos, photos, tips and a master list of all eyebrow shaping methods and techniques.
- Eyebrow Gel Eyebrow Enhancer to Shape Your Eyebr...
Eyebrow gel is such an easy eyebrow enhancer. It's a totally pain free way to shape your eyebrows. There are some individuals who have a very low tolerance for pain. If that's the case, you either...
- Eyebrow Pencils Guide Selecting the Right Eyebrow...
Like most eye makeup, some people can get very apprehensive about using eyebrow pencils.There really is no need to be intimidated! Eyebrow pencils are a painless way to shape your eyebrows, not to mention...
- Does Electrolysis Work for Facial Hair Removal? Yes,...
I started looking into electrolysis when I was 17 or 18. I used to have very unruly eyebrows and was getting fed-up with constantly plucking them or going to the salon and paying money to have them waxed....
- Celebrity Eyebrow Pictures - Get Eyebrow Shaping Ide...
It is common practice to look at celebrity hairstyles to get ideas for your next style. But, what about eyebrows? Celebrities are also starting to set trends for eyebrow shapes, too. This gallery will provide...