Best-Smelling Perfume: Gift Ideas For Young Women
How to buy perfume for women?
I'm not going to pretend to know the answer to this question. However, I think I can provide some simple tips that should help any guy out when standing in front of the perfume counter. The biggest mistake that I think a guy can make is to buy the perfume they like rather than, what they think the lady in their life would like. Keep in mind; you are buying a gift for her not you.
The best thing you can do before going out to buy a perfume for her is to do your homework. The first thing you need to know is if she is the type of girl who likes to wear perfume. Many people are sensitive to perfume, so if you have never known her to wear perfume this may not be the best gift idea.
If you know for fact that she does enjoy wearing perfume, it is time to do some research. She will probably have a few perfumes that she already owns. If that is the case go ahead and smell the ones she owns and try to pick out the scent accords.
What accord does the lady in your life like to wear?
Picking Out Scent Accords
It may sound complicated to pick out scent accords in a fragrance, but you probably do it already and just don't realize. Every fragrance is made up of different fragrance notes, when they are combined they create fragrance accords. Accords are actually really easy to pick out since accords are generally the words you use when trying to describe a fragrance. Below are few examples of accords:
Those are just a few examples of accords that are popular in womens perfume. What accords does the lady in life like to wear?
Buying a Perfume for Her
Okay, so now we know that she likes to wear perfume. Hopefully, you also have a good idea of what type of perfume she likes based on the accords of the perfumes she already owns. Now it's the easy part, you simply need to go out and buy the perfume.
Well, maybe it is not that easy. To help you out I have picked a few common scent accords in womens perfume and selected a few fragrances for each that I personally feel would be a good choice. Keep in mind that I am not a women and my taste in womens perfume could be skewed more towards what a guy may like. I tried to select perfumes that are fairly new, and seem to be popular. I then used my own personal taste to select 3 perfumes for each accord that hopefully she will like.
The Fruity Accord
1. Daisy Eau So Fresh by Marc Jacobs: This is very fruity and sweet perfume that has become very popular over the past year. Its impressive bottle is perfect to give as a gift. This light and happy fragrance will tickle her nose with notes of raspberry and pear. This is a fantastic fragrance that is sure to impress her.
2. Wonderstruck Taylor Swift: This is another fruity fragrance with notes of raspberry and vanilla. To me this fragrance is not very unique which is why it's not number one, but it smells really nice and it is popular. If she doesn't like to break too far from the crowd, this fragrance will be perfect for her.
3. Oh Lola! by Marc Jacobs: This bottle will definitely catch anyone's eye. The bottle is very impressive which makes this fragrance great for gift giving. This fruity fragrance has strong fruity notes of strawberries and pears which she is sure to like.
The Floral Accord
1. Le Parfum by Elie Saab: This is a very feminine perfume made of white floral notes that are sure to make her happy. This is a traditional womens fragrance with very strong floral and honey notes.
2. Baiser Vole Cartier: This is another popular floral fragrance that was released in 2011. It has a strong note of lilies with many green notes. Lilies have a strong and recognizable fragrance that is often times described as fresh and powdery. This is a perfect fragrance for the lady who enjoys spring flowers.
3. Addict to Life by Dior: This fragrance is perfect for younger women due to its light-hearted, youthful scent. This is a floral scent with strong notes of rose and hints of fruit. I really liked this perfume because it is not overly floral yet it is not too sweet.
The Woody Accord
1. Miss Dior Cherie Eau de Parfum: This is a nice woody fragrance for women. This perfume has a strong patchouli note, so not every women is going to be a fan of this one. This is a great fragrance for women to wear on a classy night on the town. It has a sophisticated appeal to it.
2. Shalimar Parfum Initial Guirlain: This is another woody fragrance, but with warm notes of vanilla and caramel. This is a very soft and warm fragrance that isn't overly sweet due to its strong woody accord. This is a great woody fragrance perfect for a night cuddled up on the couch.
3. Body by Burberry: This is a very soft and delicate woody fragrance for women. Body by Burberry has a strong musk note that is balanced with peach and rose notes. This is a very sexy and modern fragrance.
The Warm Accord
1. Prada Candy: Prada Candy is a modern twist on the caramel fragrance. The powdery musk notes make this a sophisticated and warm fragrance. This is not the usual vanilla, caramel fragrance. Prada Candy is the grown up version of other caramel fragrances.
2. Loverdose by Diesel: This is a spicy version of the vanilla fragrance. I think this warm fragrance has just enough edge to it so that it can stand out from the other vanilla fragrances out there. Loverdose by Diesel is a very mysterious and sexy fragrance.
3. Angel Eau de Toilette by Theirry Mugler: The new, evolved version of Angel came out in 2011. It was different yet very similar since it still had the sweet chocolate notes. However, this version was a bit more spicy and had stronger notes of fruit and vanilla. This is a very unique scent that most people really like.
Do you know what you are going to get her?
Hopefully, you now have a really good idea of what perfume you want to buy her. Just remember to make sure she likes perfume and be sure to buy something based off of what she already owns. Don't try to copy what she already has, but don't steer too far from it.
If your still unsure on what to buy her, I hope I was able to point in the right direction and give you a few good ideas. I'm sure whatever you end up buying her will be something that she will enjoy.
Other Fragrance Hubs
- Best Women's Perfume for 2011
2011 was an interesting year for womens perfume. Hundreds of perfumes were released and some were a big hit. I have selected my top 10 favorite womens perfumes for the year of 2011. Do you agree with my picks, let me know.
- Best Perfumes for Young Women (2012)
2012 is going to be a big year for young women's perfume. Hundreds of perfumes are released each year so how will you ever pick. I have selected 10 perfumes that I feel are perfect for young women. These perfumes have an excellent reputation for qual