- Fashion and Beauty»
- Women's Fashion & Clothing Styles
Plus Size Fashion: Tips on How to Look Smaller
Are you frustrated about the way you look? Are you sick of your plus size body? Are you having a hard time choosing the right clothes? Do you think surgery is the only solution?
The answer is no. Every woman big or small, chubby or lean can dress beautifully without being conscious of their body. Plus size woman have been the most visible thing in the runway ever since the world of fashion was born. Most designers prefer a lean model. But actually, a voluptuous plus size body can look good on clothes too. Adele, Jill Scott, Amber Riley and Kelly Clarkson prove it so. How did they do it? It's just a matter of choosing the right clothes to wear.
"Beauty comes as much from the mind as from the eye." - Grey Livingston
The Don'ts in Plus Size Fashion
1. Don't wear or stop wearing loose clothes. They will only make you look bigger and broader. But if you're really more comfortable wearing loose clothes try something that's a bit fitted on the bust part but loose on the thigh part.
you might try this one
2. Avoid prints. Well prints really look good, but be sure to choose the right print. Wearing a minimal amount of huge print will make you look good and a pound thinner. Avoid wearing horizontal stripes and tiny detailed prints. Wearing monochromatic or one color only still looks better than a plus size wearing a rainbow.
3. Don't wear flats. Flats will just make your legs look more plump, short and bulky. Adding up some centimeters to your height will make you look long and slim.
it looks better, right?
4. Don't wear fabrics that hugs your body or stretches to your size. Lycra is the most common type of fabric to wear but don't use it frequently especially if your a plus size or a fat one. It might actually accentuate you fullness but it will also emphasize the things that you want to hide like fat bellies.
spandex is a big no no
Plus Size Must Haves
1. Skinny Jeans
Skinny jeans will make you look thinner. Flare pants only suits the skinny and will just make you look baggy. So if you're a plus size one choosing something that highlights your hips and booties will make you look sexier and clean looking.
2. Tailored Jackets
Plus size must never wear crochet jackets because it will make you floppy and loose. Try wearing clean tailored jacket layered on top of a fitted shirt or a dress. It will emphasize your body's best feature
3. Broad Belts
Belt is a must have for everyone, but for a plus size, choose only broad or big belts. It will hide those excess fat in your belly and it will also make your waist thinner.
4. Clothes of your true fit
Wearing something that is highly fitted or spandex and something that is loose should not be done by plus size women. Wear the shirt of your true fit will actually be better. It will make you look just right, not too sloppy and not too petite.
Designers Who Make Plus Size Clothes
charming and refined
chic and classic
easy and trendy