Popular Pubic HairStyles Part 2 - For Men Only!
Popular Pubic Hair Styles as a hub went only so far... it focussed on the Ladygardeners among us. BUT...
"A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do," they say – and that used to be a simple motto to live by. But the women of today are a bit pickier than they used to be, which means a man's gotta be a bit pluckier than he used to be! Not only does a man need to trim his goatee, but he's also got to trim his pubic hair.
Yes, it's a man's world - down there - and you need to know how to trim and take care of it. This is no laughing matter. (For laughing matter, go take a peek at the pubic hair funny video page...)
45 seconds of gratuitous entertainment with a laugh at the end
What's the Point of Man Hair Anyway?
Besides making a man look like a man, male pubic hair is actually more functional than high society and celebrities would have us believe.
When you're starting the joyous phase of your life (a.k.a. acne filled, hormone raging puberty), the foundation for your pubic hair arrives as a light little dusting of hairs around your penis.
As the hormones begin to take over your life, so does your pubic hair take over the scrotum, your legs, your anus, and the other bits in between. What's interesting to note is that female pubic hair is about the same in thickness and in prevalence – but the male pubic hair tends to grow upwards to a line of hair that points at the navel of the man.
Come to think of it, it looks like an arrow that's pointing at the man's head, which seems a bit contradictory given where attention should be given…
This is the place where pheromones – a.k.a. your mojo – resides. This is what women are attracted to, whether they realize it our not. Your basic scent and appeal are secreted near your penis and the pubic hair holds things in (the scents, not the other bits, silly!).
But doesn't this mean shaving your pubes is going to make you less of a man? Not at all. In fact, shaving is now not only the metrosexual way to go, but also the way to a woman's…heart. Pubic hairstyles for men are in vogue - very much and never more so. Trust me.
Male Popular Pubic Hair Styles #1 - The Case for Shaving Your Bits
If the idea of a sharp razor near your willy is giving you the willies, maybe it's time for some simple persuasion. Women love it. Oh, so you need more than just information that to whip out a blade near your penis? Fair enough.
- Your penis will look bigger – No joke guys. If you trim away the hedges, the root is going to look all the bigger to her. Popular pubic hair styles for men can expose your biggest assets, or make your small asset look bigger!
- Keep things neat and clean – Without the hair in the way, a woman is going to be much more inclined to inspect your package with their hands and mouth.
- Smooth scrotums are scrotums that get attention – Running her fingers over your smooth shaved skin is erotic. Prickly hairs are not.
- It's less sweaty and smelly – If you get rid of the bramble, you will ensure things are ready for action whenever the situation, ahem, arises.
And if you're in a relationship now, why not surprise her with a little verge trimming? Make her wonder what else you might have up your sleeve – or not, as the case may be. Or REALLY surprise her by a pubic hairstyle that contains a little message of love - like a heart, her initial or something.
Male Popular Pubic Hair Styles to Tickle Her Fancy
When it comes to trimming your pubic hair, it is the size that matters. Just like women have different styles to create, so do you!
- Basic boy bikini This style takes away the hair on the legs underneath where the elastic of your boy briefs are.
- Brazilian (3x) Gets rid of the hair everywhere but your legs and above your penis shaft. A clean sweep.
- Boy leg bikini Keeps the hair on the penis and scrotum, but trims away the hair where boy shorts might rest on your thighs.
- Wedge Same as the Brazilian, but takes away some of the hair above the penis shaft, leaving a smaller wedge shape.
- Landing strip Just like on the gals, take away all the hair and leave a small landing strip above the shaft of the penis.
Of course if you're feeling a little sporty, you can also get shapes designed in that thatch of hair above the penis shaft. Heck, put your initials there or put your car design there – the GT stripes are actually quite popular nowadays.
Male Pubic Hair Role Models
Don't think you're the only one who's finally taken the strimmer to your garden hose. Seems that even Pete "I've tried Ashlee's breast milk" Wentz trims his male parts on a regular basis, though he might not have time now that he's a daddy.
And it's no surprise that P Diddy/Puff Daddy/Sean Combs has a neat little patch as well. Style isn't just outside of your pants, after all.
P Diddy, Jack Black and Ben Stiller have all been reported as dying their pubic hair. True? Who knows ( they all sent no response to my query). The three all reportedly use Betty Beauty dye to color their manhair.
Rapper P Diddy was allegedly so impressed with the complementary sample of the product he was sent that he asked his assistant to send back a thank you note. More than I got when I asked for a picture of his pubic hairstyle.
How to shave your balls
5 ways NOT to shave your pubic hair
How to Shave Safely Every Time
If you're ready to bare some of your bits for her or just for yourself to admire, it's time to get down to business. Pubic hair shaving for men isn't an art, it's a technique.
- Start by warming up your skin with slightly warm water and some high quality shaving cream or gel. This is not the time to be cheap, so choose something like Neutrogena or Nivea to make sure you're protecting that sensitive skin. Dollar store brands aren't going to cut it, so to speak.
- Use a fresh razor that you've used in the past. Like the shaving cream, you don't want to use a rusted old razor or something you've just picked up on sale at the drugstore. Get your trusty razor out, change the blade, and you're ready.
- Slowly work your way WITH the pubic hair at first to get things started. This is not going to be a fast process, so don't rush it. Who knows what you might slice?
- Once you've taken the hedges down a bit, it's time to go in for the against the hair growth trimming. Again, slow and easy does it.
It will help to start at the shaft first before you head to the testicles. Of course, it's all a matter of personal preference and how you've planned to cut things and shape things.
When you're done, rinse away the shaving cream, pat things dry, and admire your handiwork.
BONUS TIP: Take an electric trimmer to your hair before you shave. This will help to trim things down and make the shaving process a bit more efficient without dulling your razor blade.
Can't I Hire Some Landscaping Help?
You might be wondering if there is someone (preferably cute) who you can pay to trim your bits for you…and the answer is usually no. At higher end salons in the big cities, you might be able to find some male pubic hair professionals, but it's a long shot at best.
Most of the salons that specialize in genital hair removal want to use a laser and get the job done permanently – like at Assara Salon in New York City. Sure, it's going to end your hair woes, but if you're someone who just likes to experiment with your pubic hair, you might not want to take such a bold step.
No matter what you decide to do with your pubic hair, it never hurts to neaten things up from time to time. Just take out your electric trimmer, take a deep breath, and buzz away some of the excess hair. You just might like it.
Ladies if you missed Part One check it our here
- Popular Pubic Hair Styles: History and How To Create Them
Nowadays, beauty may be only skin deep but it apparently does extend to every square millimetre of that skin – visible or not. In a world gone apparently mad, we have invented laser hair removal,...
And for a good laugh, check out the pubic hair funny video page!
- Pubic Hair - The Funniest Videos
The funniest and most bizarre videos on the net all about pubic hair!
Would you or wouldn't you?
This hub brought to you...
by Julie-Ann Amos, professional writer, and owner of international writing agency Exquisite Writing.
Why not create your own HubPages? It's fun and you can make revenue from Adsense and other revenue streams on your pages. JOIN HUBPAGES NOW
This work is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 Unported License. To view a copy of this licence, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/ or send a letter to Creative Commons, 171 Second Street, Suite 300, San Francisco, California 94105, USA.