- Fashion and Beauty»
- Shaving & Hair Removal
Pros and Cons of Shaving
Unwanted hair can be hard to get rid of. There are so many options you can choose to free your body from stubborn hair, such as depilatories, waxing, epilators, and shaving. Shaving is the most common. Here are some pros and cons to shaving.
- Quick: Most women shave while they're in the shower. It takes no longer than a few minutes to shave legs.
- Cheap: Unless, you are investing in high end razors, shaving is most likely the cheapest option. Razors and shaving cream can be bought at a very affordable price.
- Easy: Most women learn to shave when they are relatively young and never have a problem. Shaving is a simple task and can be done quite mindlessly after a while.
- Familiar: Shaving is what most girls start to do to remove unwanted hair when they are younger. We get into a habit of this that sticks with us until we consciously decide to try other hair removal options. It is also what the majority of others do to remove hair as well.
- Razor burn: Most women, at least once in their life, have felt the unpleasant sting of razor burn. Some women endure this frequently. Unfortunately, razor burn can be hard to get rid of and hard to prevent.
- Lack of Smoothness: Razors usually don't cut very smooth after a few weeks. They also don't keep hair away for very long. Women must shave daily or almost-daily for continued smoothness.
- Frequent Purchases: Razors have to be changed frequently, especially if they are disposable razors. You also may sometimes buy shaving cream and razor burn relief.
- Cuts/Infections: Old razors are prone to cut and since they are older, they have more bacteria on them. This can lead to some infections. Even with new, expensive razors, you can cut yourself on accident.