Pros and Cons of Waxing
Unwanted hair can be hard to get rid of. There are so many options you can choose to free your body from stubborn hair, such as depilatories, shaving, epilators and waxing. Waxing is a process sworn by some to deliver the smoothest skin. Here are some pros and cons to waxing.
- Long Time Smoothness: Since waxing pulls hair from the root, it stays away significantly longer than waxing. Skin can stay smooth anywhere from one to two months.
- Fast treatments: Waxing can cover a fairly large area of skin at one time. If done by a professional, waxing can be incredibly fast and accurate. The only time spent you'd need to consider would be getting to a salon.
- Thinner Hair Overtime: While this isn't absolute fact, many claim that after many waxing sessions, their hair begins to thin. This could be a great advantage to waxing.
- No Ingrown Hairs: Waxing, if done correctly, should prevent most ingrown hairs. This improves the overall health of your skin.
- Inconvenient: To get a proper waxing, you should go to a salon. Salon visits can be far away or a hassle to drive to. They can also require an appointment. You also need to dress accordingly to ensure your clothing doesn't irritate the freshly waxed skin.
- Price: Waxing price can vary strongly. If you choose to wax multiple areas and at a high end salon or with expensive wax, then the final price can be quite expensive. This may begin to add up month after month.
- Pain: It's no secret that waxing has some pain involved. Luckily, the more you go, the more your skin adapts to the pain. Waxing becomes tolerable with experience.
- Growing Out Hair: In order for waxing to work properly, the hair must be a certain length. There will be a few days where you'll need to grow out your hair. This can feel uncomfortable when you're not used to hair in a certain area.