Reading Glasses and Spectacles all Strengths Great Colours and Styles
Reading in Style
In the old days buying reading glasses meant that you had to make an appointment with your optometrist, sit and be measured, and then finally take them home. Also they could be quite expensive. You had to pay for the frames, extra for the lenses, and of course pay the Optometrist. Pretty expensive business. Of course if you are shortsighted then it is worse. You have to make an appointment and get the glasses the same way. But these days there is another way for you to buy and wear reading glasses. You no longer have to have a prescription pair. Let's face it, how many of us really need 'proper' reading glasses? I must admit I was quite sceptical when I first heard about the over the counter glasses. I am lucky I have never needed reading glasses, but I do wear contact lenses for long distance. The trouble started when my contact lenses became too strong for me to read the newspaper. So I was advised to buy a pair of reading glasses to wear whilst wearing my lenses. So I thought to myself, well, I am not going to go and get an expensive pair. I will try to check out the cheap over the counter ones.
It just goes to show that you don't have to be frumpy to wear reading glasses. You can buy great colours and styles from one of the most well known, fashionable cities in the world!
Classic Fashion Reading Glasses
Trying them on for size
My first thought was, where to buy them? I had heard that that they were available in the Chemist or pharmacy, so of I went determined to find myself a nice pair. Well, I nearly passed out with the shock at the prices! I know it wasn't much, but 50 pounds (approx 70 dollars!) just for a pair of glasses that you took your chance with? So out I walked and into, would you believe it, a newsagent that had a great selection on display in the shop. When I looked at the price I realised that they were only 5 pounds or 8 dollars! Great, I thought, and started trying them on. To be honest at first I didn't think much of them, then I realised that I needed to check the strength! Duh! Of course, we are all different, not everybody will be able to see with the same glasses! I eventually found the right lens strength and grabbed myself a lovely little pair of glasses. I even bought them with a silver pen shaped case. These lasted me ages until I sat on them. Yep, you heard me right. So imagine my amazement when I realised that you could buy them at Amazon! So this is where it brings me up to date. The colours and styles surprised me, as I thought they would be plain or just practical. Why not come and take a look?
Classic Fashion reading glasses are stylish and comfortable. They come in a variety of great colours, why not check them out?
Reading Glasses in Cool Pink and 5 Other Great Colors
There are so many different styles. Some people prefer the good old plain reading glasses, but these day most people like them with a bit of zazz. You can be fashionable, colourful or even if you prefer not to be seen in glasses, then of course you can buy the rimless ones.
You could even buy loads for swap and change. Different colours for different outfits! I have so many old glasses laying around the house, it is unbelievable how many years that I must have collected them. But the trouble was, when I was a lot younger, reading glasses were always sold as 'boring'. You only read a book or a paper with them. So what was the point? But now as you can see, there are so many different styles and makes, you are lucky enough to be spoilt for choice.
Go on Safari!
Be Wild with the cool Safari glasses. Great colour frame with a jungle pattern stem. Not all colours are available all the time. But don't worry, if your colour choice is not available, and you let Amazon know, they will choose a great alternative colour for you!
Professor Style Vintage Reading Glasses
Not only are these Euro chic, they are also vintage. This style of reading glasses, called the round readers has been sold in stores and boutiques for at least 5 times the price! These are possibly a future collectable. These glasses fit small and average faces. The approximate dimensions are 5" across the face, lens height 1 3/8" and the stem is 5 3/4".
- Ergonomic reading glasses. Never lose them again as they have an adjustable head and neck stand, 6 different magnifying powers, and even better, the lenses can be removed for your prescription fit lenses!
Front Connect Reader
There are a great many styles and shapes of reading glasses to choose from. Whether your taste is simple or you prefer the celebrity look, you can't go wrong with these choices. We all need a little help occasionally with reading a book or a magazine, so why not try some of these great colours and styles? I hope you find something the right glasses for you.
Points to remember when buying Reading Glasses.
1. Always check that the style you want comes in the right size for you. Each and every pair will be different, and you don't want to buy them and then realise too late that they are the wrong size. Double check every item.
2. Always find out your own personal eye strength before ordering. Most of the glasses do come in a range of strengths but make sure that the pair you order do sell them in your personal eye strength. Before you buy, the best option is to go to your opticians and check your eye strength. The optometrist will be happy to check your eyesight for you. It may also be on record in the Opticians. Make sure you get it exactly right. It is a good idea to do this even if you think you know your eye strength. You would be surprised to discover how quickly your eyes change from one set of glasses to the next. Believe me, I speak from experience! You may think that they will be adequate for you if you go by your old glasses, but think how much better it will be if you get an up to date check.
Rimless Spring Hinge Glasses
UB Fashion Frame Reading Glasses
Men's Bifocal Sunglasses!
Buy Online Links
- Rings - Wedding Rings Engagement Rings and Rings for...
Rings for every occasion from weddings to birthday gifts.
- Best Selling Baby Products - Baby Learning Items to ...
We all know how soon a baby starts to grasp the wonderful world around him. His eyes will follow mum around the room. Pretty lights will capture his attention and he will sit or lay for hours watching the mobile above his cot turn around and play...
- Buy Fun Kitchen Accessories Online. Pretty Cups, Fun...
I Love Christmas, Birthdays or any other party time. I remember when I was a small child, my mother always let me help with the cooking and washing up. The small fancy fairy cakes with chocolate or strawberry icing, the big fruit cake just taken out.
- Valentine's Day Gifts for Ladies 2011 Great New Idea...
Valentine's Day for women is such a wonderful romantic day. It is the one day of the year when she loves to hear you say I love you. And what better way to show you how much you care than by buying her...
- Valentine's Day - Gifts for Men 2011 Some great new ...
Valentine's Day is just around the corner, and you have no idea what on earth to buy the man in your life. Does he like Aftershave? Maybe a new Tie? It really all depends on how long you have been together....
- Buy Books Online From Amazon. Psychic Phenomena, Ang...
I love books. Ever since I was a child, the one thing that I always looked forward to at Birthdays or Christmas was a book. Every year my mother would say, what do you want for Christmas? And I would...
- Health and Wellbeing Products Popular Best Sellers a...
I have picked the most popular best sellers this year for you. With a combination of warmth and comfort, and health checking gadgets, you can look forward to the rest of winter, knowing that you have been well...