Reason why people got inked.
Endure the Pain.
Getting tattooed usually changes over time. Initially, we often get tattoos that have a lot of meaning behind them. It’s not unusual to feel that the more ink we get, the less monumental each session is. For some, getting tattooed becomes second nature.
Many times, people get inked to honor someone or something. And it’s true what they say, people usually grow addicted to the pain. Sometimes you and your bestie are simply bored and wind up in a tattoo shop. Whatever your reason, you got the ink and you’re proud of it. Here are the top 10 reasons people get tattooed.
1. In Memory Of - One of the most popular reasons for someone to get inked is to pay tribute to a loved one they have lost.
2. The Pain - It hurts so bad it feels good, right?
3. You’re Addicted - Me to artist: This is the LAST one I swear.
4. To Express Creativity - Tattoos express a certain story we are trying to tell, and our tattoo artists bring that story to life.
5. To Feel Whole - Tattoos have a way of making us feel more comfortable in our own skin.
6. To Overcome - Often times tattoos are used to cover up or represent obstacles that we’ve faced in life.
7. You Love the Art - Tattoo collectors make it a point to get inked by specific artists. They use their body to showcase the tattooist’s talents.
8. To Spread A Message - Lots of times tattoos are used to spread awareness for a cause. This tattoo represents autism awareness.
9. To Be Spontaneous - This is the time when you and your BFF are bored so you go to the tattoo shop and get matching finger tattoos.
10. Because It’s Trendy - You’ve seen the list.These days some tattoos mean you are totally up on the latest trends.