Reasons to Wear All Black More Often
History of the Black Clothes Trend
Wearing all back originally started in the 1980's in England as part of the gothic-rock scene. Wearing all black was also usually accompanied by dark make up and alternative hair styles. Black became associated with darker elements of Goth and was seen by most as a rebellion against pop-culture. Black transitioned into the "Emo" phase of the early 2000's, and is easy to visualize when you think of bands like Green Day and Simple Plan. Wearing all black clothes got a "bad reputation" of sorts and for a long time was the wardrobe of misfits, rockers, and were popular especially among teens. But Black doesn't always have to be connected to a specific genre of music, specific lifestyles, or negativity. 2015 is the time to break away from long worn out labels. Black is making a comeback as a chic, versatile, bold choice for wardrobes.
The Color Black
Positive traits: Seductive, mysterious, formal, sophisticated, chic, sexy, alluring, powerful.
As a personality: Wearing or liking black can be signs of being independent, strong-willed, and assertive. You may guard your emotions and have a hard time connecting with other people. Power and need to feel secure are important things to you. Black is often used to hide ones true feelings and may be an indication of a stressful or depressing time in your life.
Emotions: Like the color, thoughts and emotions connected to black may be dark, negative, or obscure. It's secretive and doesn't reveal a lot to others. It can create power and control within yourself or others.
The Benefits of Black
- Black has a naturally slimming effect and looks good on all body shapes and sizes.
- Black is the easiest color to pair things with. Orange and orange may be too much, but black on black is powerful without being overdone.
- You can be ready for any social situation at any time. There really isn't a wrong time to wear black. And no risk of wearing white after Labor Day.
- Everything comes in black. No worries about finding a pale blue pair of shoes or coral handbag.
- Feel confident and smart. Black will always be in style, and you'll catch the eyes of others quite a few times.
- Easy to clean. As long as you wear no show deodorant, you should be golden.
Tips on How to Wear All Black
- Make your favorite feature stand out with a pop of color. Red lipstick is classic, but don't be afraid to get creative.
- To transition to a nighttime look, it's as simple as adding heavier make up and a cardigan.
- Pair your favorite LBD with a pair of black sandals or heels for a look that will sweep people off of their feet. It's the go to look for almost any occasion.
- Mix quirky shapes, fabrics, and textures to avoid an outfit becoming too dull.
- Wear sweaters and jackets over dresses for a look that is more feminine and playful.
- All black suits are perfect for casual business attire.
- Scarves can be used to improve many outfits.
- Play with hairstyles that compliment and elevate your look even further.