Rimmel London Glam'Eyes HD Eyeshadow Quads
Eye-catching and Great Quality
Drug store makeup brands like Rimmel London are starting to come out with products that are eye-catching and great quality. These eyeshadow quads have recently been released in the US and Canada and sell for about $4-5 per quad. You'll notice that the four eyeshadow colours that come in each quad have been divided up into different sections to create the shape of the Union Jack. This is what makes it a unique product that is unlike anything else at the drug store. This hub will provide you with photos of each quad and the pros and cons to this new product.
- Most of the eyeshadow colours are very pigmented, such as the shades that make the cross shape in the middle. The lighter colours are more sheer and shimmery, while the darker colours are rich and smooth.
- The packaging is strong, durable and compact. The top is clear so you can see what colours are inside, and it comes with a double-sided sponge tip applicator. The back gives a small demonstration of where to place the colours on the eyelid to give definition.
- The formulation of the eyeshadows makes it smooth and not overly powdery. This makes it easy to blend and apply.
- When used over an eyeshadow primer, the colours will last a typical work or school day and remain crease-free for most of the day.
- Eight quads are currently available and they come in a wide variety of brights and neutrals.
- These quads are extremely affordable in comparison with quads from other brands.
- Although the Union Jack shape is eye-catching and pretty to look at, it isn't very practical. The smaller triangles to the side are so small that a standard eye shadow brush would have much difficulty getting in to pick up the eyeshadow. This also means that you aren't getting much of that colour.
- Every single quad contains eyeshadows that are shimmery or contain glitter. Sometimes having a matte-finish eyeshadow is good because it offers variety and can give you the opportunity to create softer and more subtle looks.
- The sponge tip applicator, though pointed (likely for the purpose of getting into the small triangular eyeshadows) falls out of the packaging very easily. It isn't held into the packaging in any way, and are very easy to lose.
In Canada, these are available at WalMart and possibly Shoppers Drug Mart in the near future. In the United States, these are available at Target. These are also available on Ebay.
I think these are great palettes to have, especially if you like shimmery eyeshadows. The quality is great and you can't beat the price. I hope that Rimmel adds these quads to their permanent line and increases their colour range.