How to style short Bettie Page bangs if you have curly or wavy hair.
Rock A Billy or Betty Bangs for curly hair.
A Bit About Short Bangs & Curly Hair
Short Bangs with Curly Hair is one of the most stunning combinations on a woman that I have ever seen. I have so much respect for the Curly Haired woman who puts effort into styling her hair. As a curly haired victim myself, I will be the the first to admit that managing a head of curls every day is not an easy task. I like to challenge myself to have fun while I am fixing up my curly locks. In fact, at the end of my tutorial, I have created a spot for you to leave Comments and Topic Suggestions for Future Styling Guides that I can create for you with my own Rock A Twist Style.
I wanted short Betty Bangs for years but was too afraid to chop them off for fear of my curls.
When I finally faced my fears and made the cut, I found that I had nothing to be afraid of.
I could have done this with my bangs years ago!
Since I have many curly haired girlfriends who share my old fear of short bangs, I decided to create this Rock A Billy / Betty Style Guide for Curly Hair to show you that it is actually quite easy.
In my next Rock A Billy Betty Bangs Styling Guide, I will cover topics that include special care and treatment for Curly Heads of Hair.
In this guide, I will show Curly Heads how to Style and Rock their short Betty Bangs!
1.) The 3-Way "Y" Part for Rock A Billy Betty Bangs
1.) The 3-Way "Y" Part
With your 'Rat-Tail Comb' part your hair straight down the middle.
- Part your Bangs in a V shape using the middle part as a guide.
- The "V" starts in the middle and goes to the outer corners of your eyes.
- Make sure to smooth a product over your parts once they are perfect to keep them in place.
- Do not put oil on your parts as this will make your hair look greasy real fast.
- I personally use Bed Head for this step.
Finished with the first step to Rocking your Betty Bangs.
2.) Dry & Straighten Your Bangs while wet.
2.) Dry & Straighten Your Bangs While Wet.
- Dry and straighten Under the Bangs.
- Dry and Straighten Over the Bangs.
- Doing this every day while wet helps to Train your Bangs.
You might want to try one of these Ceramic Wet/Dry Straighteners from Conair.
I will make it easy for you to access the link if you'd like to take a closer peek and check out the details about this amazing invention. I will post it at the bottom of this Styling Guide.
I have had mine since 2006 and it still works like a CHAMP. Everyone in my family uses it, so it has been through tons of wear, tear and usage.
I am a witness that it works just as good today as the day I first got it. I give this item a big 5 star rating!
3.) Mid Way Part
3.) Mid Way Part
- Start a Mid Way Part at the "V Point" on top of your head.
- Using your Rat Tail Comb go across the top of your head from one ear to the other. (You want to part this section just behind both ears.)
- Smooth product over hair where you made your parts.
- Dry and Straighten this section with your dryer. This keeps your bangs from getting damp and curling back up. This also makes your hair much easier to style.
4.) Pin Up Sides
4.) Pin Up Sides
- After you have made your Mid way Part, you should see a "cross" on top of your head. This is exactly what you are looking for.
- Take the section of your hair from he Mid Way Part and brush it Up & Back.
- Twist the section of your hair once or twice and place on top of your head behind your bangs.
- Bobby Pin your hair into place.
- Repeat step 2, 3 and 4 on opposite side.
- After twisting and Pinning Up, this is what your hair will look like.
I am forever in need of Bobby Pins! I keep telling myself to stop buying those small cardboard packs of Pins because no matter what I do, I cannot seem to stop losing them.
A notorious Bobby Pin loser like me should invest in a Tub Of Pins!
5.) Style Your Rock A Betty Bangs.
6.) Styling Your Bangs
I use a small flat iron to shape and curl my Rock A Betty Bangs.
- Section bangs into 3 parts. Right, Middle and Left.
- Flatten and Curl each bang section out and under.
- Spritz a little bit of hairspray
- Gently brush your bang sections together.
Tiny Details are Super Cute.
Accentuate your Style with Detail.
Small bows, flower clips, cheetah print, and even bandanas will make your Rock A Betty Bangs "POP".
If you want to put small bows or clips into your do, they look best when placed over the Bobby Pins where you have secured your twists into place behind your Bangs.
Another Perfect Rock A Betty Bang!
Frizzy Hair Secret Weapon
So, you probably have been wondering WHY I showed you a picture of Body Oil incorporated with the rest of my hair products. Yes it is TRUE, I am GUILTY of using Neutrogena Sesame Body Oil in my hair.
After doing my own research into different hair products that eliminate frizzies, I noticed that some type of oil is a common ingredient in most of my favorite de-frizzing products.
The cheapest products contain Mineral, or Baby Oil. However, what they will not tell you is that Mineral Oil is not good for your hair. It has a reverse effect and eventually dries out the hair cuticle out.
Using a little bit of Neutrogena Sesame Body Oil in my hair works really well.
- If you decide to use oil in your hair, I strongly suggest brushing it through the ends of your hair, and not near the top or the scalp. Applying any kind of Oil to the top of your head will make your hair look and feel greasy real fast. Start off using a tiny bit. You can always add more but you can not add less.
How Well Do You Know Rock A Billy?
Where Does Rock A Billy Come From?
The Original Short Bang Pin Up
Conair Infiniti Tourmaline Hair Designer (Wine)
- Hair designer features Tourmaline ceramic technology to protect your hair while you dry and style
- Manages your hair by controlling frizz, promoting volume, and straightening unwanted curls
- Controlled ion output smooths the cuticle layer of your hair
- Infrared energy protects your hair's natural luster
- Triple action styling system keeps your hair detangled, straight, and shiny
Rock Your Betty Bangs in a Bandana
Are You A Chocolate Lover? Here is a gift for you. A recipe for Chocolate Covered Bacon with Pistachio Sprinkles.
- Smoked Choco-Baco-Stachio's
My Chocolate Covered (Hickory Smoked) Maple Bacon is sprinkled with bits of roasted, crushed Pistachio nuts. Fair Warning; One is too many & a Thousand is Never Enough. Makes a Perfect Party Tray