Safety Precautions and Tips for Laser Hair Removal
There are two different methods that can be used for the permanent removal of body hair - electrolysis and laser hair removal. Temporary hair removal, on the other hand, can be done using various methods like waxing, shaving, plucking, bleaching and using hair removing creams. However, since these are temporary methods, the hair will grow back eventually after a week or several days and you have to repeat the same method to remove it. That is the reason why some people go for the permanent method of hair removal.
Laser hair removal eliminates all the side effects of electrolysis. This technique is less painful since it does not have any direct contact with the skin. An intense light or a beam of laser passes through the skin and this targets dark areas or the melanin, which is found in hair follicles and gives color to the hair. This technique is also effective against dense hair and dark skin colors, and since it targets darker melanin, it can eliminate unwanted hair effectively compared to electrolysis.
Laser Hair Removal Tips
When you decide to go for laser hair removal, there are some precautionary measures that you need to follow during and after the procedure. If you can follow these simple tips, you can prevent any problems that may occur and these tips include the following:
- Before going through the procedure, make sure that the clinic you will opt for is efficient with professional doctors to avoid any problems.
- Avoid relying on verbal commitments and make sure to check the procedure thoroughly.
- Read the terms and conditions properly before signing any papers.
- Make sure that you confirm the total cost of treatment and ensure that it does not come with any hidden charges.
- Prior to the procedure, make sure that you ask for a test first on smaller parts of your body.
- Determine if laser hair removal is suitable the type of your skin.
- Learn about the radiation type that will be used, as well as the pain relievers that will be administered.
- Avoid going through the procedure if you are suffering from any kind of skin disorders or problems.
- Avoid any creams or tanning treatments for at least 1 to 2 months before the procedure.
- In case your skin is tanned, you have to wait for the tan to fade away or the treatment will not be as effective as it should be.
- Avoid using any temporary hair removal treatments for at least one month before going through laser treatment.
- Follow all pre-treatment instructions properly and as advised by your physician.
- Avoid the application of creams, lotions, perfumes, body sprays or makeup before the treatment, as these can reduce its effectiveness.
- Do not consume any form of medication before the procedure and without your physician's guidance.
- In case you want to apply any comforting lotions and creams prior to the treatment, make sure that you consult your physician first.
- Be clear with your requirements to prevent any unnecessary areas from being affected.
- Cover all the sensitive areas of your body, especially your eyes before the procedure, as the radiation coming from the laser can damage body cells.
- As for an anesthesia cream in case you are feeling any pain.
If you can follow all these safety precautions and tips, you can easily avoid any side effects that may come with laser . These tips can also help you make the technique even more effective. hair removal treatment